This primary school teaching course will help improve teaching of writing using straightforward techniques that will impact directly on the results of your students. Understand what motivates children to write and inspire your students to create great pieces of work
- 77 lectures containing 2 hours of video content, plus numerous downloadable PDF files
- Learn teaching techniques to transform your pupil's writing
- Inspire and motivate your student's to create great piece's of writing
- Develop your ability to re-shape how you teach writing across Key Stage 1 & 2 (ages 5 to 11) so that it is practical, hands-on approach
Enrol in this course and notice immediate improvements in the grades that your students are achieving in writing. Provide a supportive structure to enable pupils to map out their writing and capture the process visually and strengthen your knowledge of vocabulary, sentence structure and grammatical techniques to ensure higher attainment from your pupils.
Jane Considine has worked in schools for 20 years with a specific focus on improving the way that teachers teach children to write. Jane has constructed this course so that you can use the teaching ideas and resources straight away when teaching children to write.
The 3 Zones of Writing
- The 3 zones of writing
- Handout - The 3 zones of Writing
The Idea of Writing
- Handout - The FANTASTIC writing system
- Idea of Writing - FANTASTIC
- Handout - Reflecting on the FANSTASTIC system
- Handout - A Photograph Writing System
- Idea of Writing - A Photograph
- Handout - A Photograph - Teacher Analysis
Choices In Writing
- Handout - Choices in writing - Shade of Meaning
- Choices in writing - Shade of Meaning
- Choices in writing - Realistic Grid
- Handout - Teacher Analysis
- Grammar toolbox
- Handout - Grammar Toolbox
Grammar Rainbow - Explaining 'A'
- Handout - Grammar Rainbow Explaining 'A' - Adverbs/Adverbial Phrases
- The moving parts of a sentence (A): Adverbs/Adverbial Phrases
Grammar Rainbow – Explaining 'B'
- Handout - Explaining 'B' - Basics/Nouns
- The moving parts of a sentence (B): Basics/Nouns
- Handout - Explaining 'B' - Basics/Verbs
- The moving parts of a sentence (B): Basics/Verbs
- The moving parts of a sentence (B): Basics/Adjectives
- The moving parts of a sentence (B): Basics/Propostions
- The moving parts of a sentence (B): Basics/Articles
- The moving parts of a sentence (B): Basic/Phrases
Grammar Rainbow – Explaining 'C'
- Handout - Explaining 'C' - Complex Sentences
- The moving parts of a sentence (C): Complex Sentences
Grammar Rainbow – Explaining 'D'
- Handout - Explaining 'D' - Dialogue and Contracted Forms
- Explaining 'D': Dialogue and Contracted Forms
Structure and Style
- Handout - Purpose
- Structure and style - Purpose
- Handout - Paragraphs
- Structure and style - Paragraphs
- Handout - Passive or Active Voice
- Structure and style- Passive or active voice
- Handout - Past and present tense
- Structure and style- Past and present tense
- Structure and style - Punctuation
- Handout - Punctuation
The techniques of Writing Part 1
- Handout - Boomtastics
- Handout - Onomatopoeia
- Techniques of writing - Boomtastic & Onomatopoeia
- Handout - Alliteration
- Techniques of writing - Alliteration
- Handout - Rhyme
- Techniques of writing - Rhyme
- Handout - Repetition
- Techniques of writing - Repetition
The techniques of Writing Part 2
- Handout - Similie
- Techniques of writing - Simile
- Handout - Metaphor
- Techniques of writing- Metaphor
- Handout - Pathetic Fallacy
- Techniques of writing- Pathetic Fallacy
- Handout - Pun
- Techniques of writing - Pun
- Handout - Personification
- Techniques of writing - Personification
- Handout - Symbolism
- Techniques of writing - Symbolism
Avoiding Common Mistakes & Assessing Writing
- Handout - Avoiding Common Mistakes
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Handout - Assessing Writing
- Assessing writing Part 1
- Handout - Writing Progress Plans
- Assessing Writing Part 2
Success - 'SPACE'
- Handout - Successes Intro
- Handout - Sentence Stacking
- 'S' Sentence stacking
- Handout - Powerful reading
- 'P' Powerful reading
- Handout - Acting
- 'A' Acting
- Handout - Chunking
- 'C' Chunking
- Handout - Environment
- 'E' Environment
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for primary school teachers and parents wanting to develop teaching techniques for writing
This course has no prerequisites
Become a Primary School Teacher
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do you have this for higher level teaching to help teach the IELTS course to EFL students ?
Hi Kausar, Thanks for getting in touch. We do have both a IELTS & TEFL course in our library. Please feel free to have a browse. TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
When can I start this course
Hello Harpreet, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us. You will gain access to this course within 48hrs of your purchase. Your login details will be sent to the email address you stated at checkout. Please let us know if you haven't received your details. Hope that helps! Kind Regards, TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.