Preventing Falls in Older People Certificate
Approximately 1 in 3 older adults living at home will have at least one fall each year. In most cases, falls do not result in serious injury. However, in some cases, they can have devastating effects. For instance, an older adult with osteoporosis may sustain a serious fracture following a fall.
This course will teach you why older people often suffer falls and how falls can be prevented in domestic settings. You will learn practical strategies for adapting the environment and working with healthcare professionals, in order to reduce the risk and promote independence.
You will Learn
- Why older people are at particular risk of falls
- Environmental factors that make a fall more likely
- What to do if you fall
- How to prevent falls in domestic settings by adjusting the environment
- Getting help with day-to-day tasks and investing in safety aids
- Why strength and balance training can reduce the risk of falls
- How to start an effective exercise programme
- Why regular sight tests can minimise an individual’s risk of falls
- The link between medication, alcohol and falls
Benefits of taking this Course:
- If you are an older adult at risk of a fall, this course will help reduce your risk of injury
- If you live with or care for an older adult, this course will help you safeguard their wellbeing
- If you work with older adults in a supported or residential living facility, this course will help you contribute to a safer environment
- If you work in a business that manufactures or sells independent living aids or equipment, this course will give you a valuable insight into the problems faced by older adults at risk of falls
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.