ATS Training Services Ltd
The primary focus of this course is to provide you with detailed practical knowledge and skills required for the submission of VAT Returns to HMRC. This Bookkeeping course will provide you with all necessary practical bookkeeping skills required to prepare VAT returns in compliance with VAT and Making Tax Digital (MTD) regulations set by HMRC. Expert Bookkeepers will always ensure their ledgers are up to date and fully reconciled to eliminate any discrepancies.
If your bookkeeping is not of great quality, you will not be able to prepare accurate VAT returns which could lead to VAT inquiries with HMRC as well as incorrect position of Debtors and Creditors Ledger which will lead to an incomplete Trial Balance.
Double entry bookkeeping knowledge is essential to carry out bookkeeping tasks. If, however, you do not have a great deal of bookkeeping exposure we will guide you through this in order to make sure you understand the necessary steps required.
With ATS Training you will be able to use the client paperwork and the software modules which will help you bridge the gap between what you know about the software and how to process VAT related transactions using the bookkeeping software. This course will provide you with good detailed insight and experience focusing on how to use the different modules of the bookkeeping software.
Many businesses and accounting practices use different bookkeeping software's such as Sage 50, Quick Books, Xero and VT Transactions for record keeping.
Once you are fully equipped with all the skills required to be a professional bookkeeper, we will provide you with a few client scenarios which can range from the following sectors:
- Exhibitions & Fair Organisations
- Professional Services
Making Tax Digital (MTD) is the new reporting criteria set by HMRC which requires more compliance in relation to information being reported to HMRC for VAT. This course will focus on training you on the most up to date reporting standards set by HMRC for Bookkeeping and VAT.
- Sage 50 Accounts Software 2019
- Interview Tips
- Email Support
- Further practice material
- Reference for Job Role is available upon request
Why chose ATS Training Services as your training provider?
- We specialize in accountancy training courses.
- Our tutors are qualified professionals who are actively working in the accounting field.
- We aim to furnish you with skills and knowledge you would require to tackle day to day accounting work.
- Our clients who have completed training with us have secured a job in the relevant field and our success rate is a 100% this also takes in to consideration how determined are you as an individual to achieve your goals.
- ATS Training is a subsidiary of AML Accountancy Practice which is regulated by IFA and ACCA.
- We have a professional approach.
The presenter has been working in VAT for over 12 years, and is currently a bookkeeping and VAT specialist. Before that, he was a senior VAT trainer within HMRC for a number of years. He has also written numerous training courses on a wide scale. He enjoys sharing his knowledge and skills with beginners to help them kick start their career in accounting.
What is covered in this course?
The course will cover the following:
- Introduction to the VAT Scheme and implications of VAT reporting to HMRC.
- How to register and deregister a business for VAT with HMRC?
- Understanding the rules set by HMRC for VAT Compliance.
- Understanding the implications of (Standard Accounting Scheme) and (Cash Accounting Scheme) for different business sectors.
- Setting up and configuring a company by using the relevant bookkeeping software
- Setting up of Customer Accounts using the customer module. (Detailed)
- Raising and posting batch Sales Invoices to obtain VAT Output figure
- Setting up of Supplier Accounts using the supplier module. (Detailed)
- Processing and posting all batch Purchases/Expenses Invoices to obtain VAT Input Figure
- Allocating different tax codes to all invoices for example standard, zero and reduced rated transactions
- Processing Bank Payments and Receipts for VAT using the banking module
- Processing Supplier Payments and Customer Receipts to reconcile Age debtors and creditors ledger
- Reconciling all bank accounts to ensure no transactions have been omitted or unreconciled
- Extracting Aged Debtors Reports to analyse Customer Invoices outstanding
- Extracting Aged Creditors Reports to analyse Supplier Invoices outstanding
- Conducting Aged Debtors analysis to ensure the elimination of any credit balances
- Conducting Aged Creditors analysis to ensure the elimination of any debit balances
- Extracting the bookkeeping Trial Balance at the quarter end
- Reconciling Aged Debtors with the Trial Balance at quarter end
- Reconciling Aged Creditors with the Trial Balance at quarter end
- Reconciling all bank account balances with the Trial Balance at quarter end
- Extracting VAT summary report to check for duplication and tax code allocations
- Extracting and reconciling detailed VAT Return reports (Quarterly/Monthly/Yearly)
- Cross check Box 1 to 9 Figures on the VAT Return with the detailed VAT Report
- Calculating the VAT Liability for the quarter end ? Reconciling the VAT return
- Processing and posting VAT Journals
- Register with HMRC for (MTD) using the HMRC gateway
- Submit VAT Return to HMRC in compliance with Making Tax Digital (MTD)
- Allocating VAT liability/repayment to quarter end to ensure the VAT Liability nominal is reconciled
Who is this course for?
This Training Course is for the following but not limited to:
- Recently Qualified/Part Qualified ACCA Students
- AAT Students
- We would require you to be IT Literate
- We would require you to read, follow and understand instructions.
- We would require you to be studying towards an accounting qualification however this is not mandatory.
There are no firm requirements set for this course as it is a hands on practical training course developed to furnish you with best Bookkeeping and VAT Training skills.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.