UK Professional Development Academy LTD
Add to basket or enquire
PR Diploma Level CPD Accredited with 100 CPD Points
Level 5 Diploma in PR course is designed by specialist by considering the need of both the job seekers and people already working in established businesses, which covers most of your professional needs in the field of business management and Public administration.
PR course will help you to learn from scratch and take you to higher level of professionalism. As you may know that organisational skills are important because possessing good organisational skills establish the trust and professionalism in the workplace. So, if you are looking to gain various Public Relation and organisational skills then this is your most desired course.
Are you new to online learning?
Don’t worry. Along with providing most professional courses, UKPDA also provides the most regular tutor support via online mediums, and will guide you in every possible way to get most out of your online course. Further to this, assessments are really challenging, but interestingly, will not take much of your time. You will have to read through the provided study material and attempt the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) afterwards.
PR Course Outline
Level 5 PR Diploma is 100 credits Certificate. To achieve a Level 5 PR Diploma learner must have to achieve 10 Modules with 100 Credits to get CPD Accredited Certificate of Completion.
Module 1: Public Speaking
- Identify their audience
- Create a basic outline
- Organize their ideas
- Flesh out their presentation
- Find the right words
- Prepare all the details
- Overcome nervousness
- Deliver a polished, professional speech
- Handle questions and comments effectively
Module 2: Communication Strategies
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Develop their non-verbal and par verbal communication skills
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Ask good questions
- Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
- Adeptly converse and network with others
Module 3: Conflict Resolution
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Understand all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Understand the five main styles of conflict resolution
- Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Be able to break out parts of the process and use those tools to prevent conflict
- Be able to use basic communication tools, such as the agreement frame and open questions
- Be able to use basic anger and stress management techniques
Module 4: Critical Thinking
- Understand the components of critical thinking
- Utilize non-linear thinking
- Use logical thinking
- Recognize what it means to be a critical thinker
- Evaluate information using critical thinking skills
- Identify the benefits of critical thinking
- Revise perspective, when necessary
- Comprehend problem solving abilities
Module 5: Emotional Intelligence
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
- Understand, use and manage your emotions.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
- Balance optimism and pessimism.
- Effectively impact others.
Module 6: Media and Public Relations
- Network for success
- Manage “Meet and Great” opportunities
- Dress for success
- Write effectively
- Set goals
- Manage media relations
- Plan issue and crisis communication
- Use social media
Module 7: Negotiation Skills
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
Module 8: Social Learning
- Define and use social learning.
- Identify social learning tools.
- Manipulate group dynamics and culture.
- Craft and lead role play scenarios.
- Practice being a role model.
- Understand modeling and observation.
Module 9: Supervising Others
- Define requirements for particular tasks
- Set expectations for your staff
- Set SMART goals for yourself
- Help your staff set SMART goals
- Assign work and delegate appropriately
- Provide effective, appropriate feedback to your staff
- Manage your time more efficiently
- Help your team resolve conflicts
- Understand how to manage effectively in particular situations
- Understand what a new supervisor needs to do to get started on the right path
Module 10: Universal Safety Practices
- Understand the importance and legal responsibilities of safety
- Perform risks assessments
- Establish a safety program
- Monitor safety
- Communicate safety policies
Course / Training Format
After successful enrolment, learner will get access to UKPDA Learning Platform, where all the study material / Training Manual will be available. Learning Platform can be accessed 24/7 anywhere, anytime.
Training Manual contains several modules, each having specific knowledge and case study at the end. All the courses material will be in the form of texts (images/illustrations), and there are no video or live lectures during the training course.
The Test (MCQ’s) will be based on modules of Training Manual.
After studying through the training manual, Learner will have to attempt Final Test (online multiple-choice test – 2 attempts), if necessary, may attempt the test third times at no extra cost. Your test will be assessed automatically and straightaway so that you will directly know whether you have been successful or not. The passing score is 75%. You can retake the Test in the case of not being successful at first attempt.
Before attempting your Final Test, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a Mock Test (online multiple-choice test - Unlimited attempts).
All test(s) / Assessment(s) are online and are taken either through or after the course; these are included in the course price.
The minimum time period to complete this training is 4 Weeks. But it is self-paced course, and the duration of completion depends on the learner’s pace and ability to give time to study.
Learners will have access to their Training via Learning Platform for up to 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, flexibility will be given to learners for completing the course at any time.
CPD Accredited Diploma:
Upon successfully passing the Course, a learner needs to pay for CPD Accredited Diploma either in PDF format or Hardcopy.
Certificate of Completion (PDF format) = £37
Certificate of Completion (Hardcopy) = £65 + postage charges £9
Who is this course for?
Without any prior knowledge of PR the learners can take this training course and in addition to this, there are no age restrictions. Thus, anyone who is passionate and ambitious about PR can take the course. There are no specific deadlines for admission, and you can enrol anytime on this course.
There are no precise requirements for PR Certificate as no prior knowledge and experience of PR is required.
Students seeking to enrol for this course should meet the following requirements;
- Basic knowledge of English Language & Basic Computer Skills
- Be age 16 years or above
After completing the course/training, you will be able to grip yourself with specific knowledge and skills with the highest level of confidence to improve yourself and enhance the skills for your career in the relevant employment sector.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.