Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The digital revolution and the explosion of social media has had a huge impact on the role that PR plays in any brand strategy. This course will look at how PR must align with marketing in today’s ‘connected’ world.
You will learn to:
- Embrace the new digital landscape for PR activity and understand why the tools available as a result of this digital explosion have never been more important
- Deliver effective content to engage the multi-channel audience
- Integrate digital media to work in tandem with PR to create brand advocates
- Tell a better story through PR activity to drive media engagement and customer loyalty
- Better align PR activities with overall marketing activity to continue to maximise it’s perceived value and deliver results
PR & the digital revolution
- How do we define PR in today’s digital world?
- Understanding why PR is such a powerful tool in the marketing mix
- How the digital revolution has changed the landscape for PR
- How to make the ‘connected consumer’ a friend
- Why traditional media should not be ignored
Embracing social media to drive your PR activity
- Who are the existing/new influencers and how do we engage with them?
- Using social channels to build PR relationships
- Understanding the preferred social platforms for your audience
- The importance of listening to customers
- Why brand advocates are critical to success
The importance of creating strong content
- How to write content that will engage your target audience
- How to choose the right theme
- How to optimise content with the right keywords
- Understanding the power of external link building
- How PR can drive SEO
Writing a news story that gets noticed in today’s climate
- Is a press release the only way?
- Writing a powerful headline
- How to structure copy
- The ‘fool’ proof copywriting test to take away
- 10 copywriting tricks to add clout
Delivering a digital PR campaign for maximum impact in changing digital times
- Is creativity still as important?
- How to optimise, socialise and publicise PR Content
- Should experiential marketing play a part?
- How to integrate PR and digital marketing
- How to measure the success of digital PR
- Ongoing measurement and evaluation?
- PR planning/content mapping?
During this time when it’s essential to keep our physical distance, it’s just as important to maintain connections, education and ambition.
The IDM Virtual Classroom is face-to-face, peer-to-peer learning – in the digital world. It lets you keep learning, wherever you are, and to connect with others, no matter the distance.
The IDM’s Virtual Classroom offers:
- An interactive classroom environment
- Peer-to-peer collaboration
- An engaging platform experience
- Practical learning through hands-on exercises
- Online access anywhere you can get an internet connection
Courses are structured in a time friendly format consisting of three to four sessions per day, broken up into 60 to 90 minutes of learning, instead of the conventional approach of listening to lectures and notetaking.
Before starting your course, you’ll receive joining instructions outlining any technical requirements, plus a unique login link via Zoom.
Who is this course for?
Marketers will learn how to better incorporate PR into their marketing campaigns and understand how the digital landscape opens up new PR opportunities that can really make a difference for a brand.
This course is for those who currently work in marketing or PR teams (or have responsibility for both) within an organisation and want to ensure they are up to date with current best practices and strategies.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.