- Tutor is available to students
A presentation can have many pitfalls and a lot of people feel very anxious delivering them. Even if you’re a confident presenter, there are lots of things to consider when you want to make the best possible impression with your presentation.
This Powerful Presentations course offers public speaking training, showing you how to overcome your presentation worries and deliver a powerful presentation that has real impact. You will learn to see the subject from the audience’s perspective and structure content for clarity and memory retention.
Practical exercises throughout the course will help you make real progress and see immediate results, whilst small groups enable individual coaching and insightful, supportive feedback.
Simple to arrange and highly effective - you can choose to run this course exactly as described or we can create a customised solution that meets your specific needs.
As a general rule, if you have four or more employees with similar learning needs, an in-company programme will be the most efficient and cost-effective choice for you. Learning is usually delivered at your premises.
Our specialist facilitators are experts in their respective fields, and can tailor our existing courses to suit the specific needs of your organisation - or alternatively, design courses and programmes that are entirely bespoke, crafted in response to the unique requirements of your business.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ON THIS COURSE?
Planning and preparation
- Three key factors that can make anyone a successful presenter
- The importance of identifying a clear objective
- Structuring your presentation with the end result in mind
- Selecting material for quality not quantity
- What holds an audience’s attention and what sends them to sleep
- Use of notes and prompt cards
- The antidotes for pre delivery nerves
Structuring the talk
- Introductions with impact
- Creating clear benefits for your audience
- Structuring your content clearly
- Headlines, body and summary
- Using persuasive language
- Use of pauses and silence
- Closing the presentation memorably
- Standing and gesturing to look confident and credible
- Vocal skills to give authority and projection to the voice
- The latest paralinguistic techniques
- Pausing and emphasis to add impact
- Question and answer sessions: Handling them concisely
- Tips on using visual aids effectively
- Practice sessions: with video feedback
This course is a blended learning experience, allowing you to continue to develop your skills back at work. As part of the course you will receive the following eFresher (eLearning) modules and MP3s:
- Planning a Successful Presentation
- Deliver with Impact
- Dealing with Nerves
- Effective Communication
- Dealing with Nerves
- Engaging an Audience
- The Art of Being Assertive
- Thinking on Your Feet
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
- Recordings of all your practice presentations, so you can analyse how to improve and see how you’ve progressed
- Genuine confidence and self belief in your public speaking skills
- A clear purpose in your presentation, and a structure focused on the desired outcome
- A checklist to help you prepare well, even with limited time
- The ability to attract and maintain audience interest
- Skills to handle notes and prompt cards whilst keeping your audience engaged
- The opportunity to evaluate others’ presenting and learn from their performance
- Control of your body language and your nerves
- Control of your speech and improved awareness of your vocal capacity
- Practice and application of the entire course content throughout the two days, to build both your competence and your confidence
- A blended learning experience allowing you to continue to develop skills back at work
Who is this course for?
Delivering a presentation is something we all have to do at some point in our working lives. This course has been designed to help those who dread standing up in front of an audience as it will teach them the skills they need to deliver a powerful presentation in a practical, safe environment. It will also help those that present regularly to clients or colleagues to improve their skills and deliver clear, structured and powerful presentations.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.