Add to basket or enquire
Here's a startling fact:
The consumption of chicken eggs and meat in the UK alone exceeds 29 million on a daily basis, making it one of the world's largest consumers. Given the high consumption of chicken worldwide, poultry farming has grown to be a substantial industry with a plethora of opportunities.
Poultry farming is the commercial cultivation of several types of domestic birds to produce meat, eggs, and feathers. It is one of the most significant contributors to the agricultural industry. This sector is the source of high-quality, well-balanced protein at a low cost. However, poultry farming requires a multitude of skills, and this Poultry Farming course will help you gain that.
This course will give you a comprehensive overview of poultry farming. You will also learn about the nutritional requirements of poultry and its influencing factors. Moreover, this course focuses on vital topics like poultry farm-related diseases, different rearing methods for chickens, ducks, and turkeys, preventive vaccination failure in poultry flock, and more. In addition, you will get to know about the artificial and natural methods of incubation. Furthermore, this course will educate you on poultry housing and its environment, the benefits of biosecurity measures in layer farms, and pest control. Along with these, you will learn about record keeping, economics, marketing, safety, and awareness.
Our Poultry Farming course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development.
Add this Poultry Farming course to the basket and learn the benefits of raising chickens in your backyard.
What you'll get out of this Poultry Farming course:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of poultry farming.
- Learn about poultry breeds and broodiest chicken for laying eggs.
- Know about the nutritional requirements of poultry and its influencing factors.
- Explore various sorts of poultry farming diseases like viral, bacterial, fungal, etc.
- Get to know the preventive vaccination failure in poultry flocks.
- Understand the benefits of biosecurity measures in layer farms.
- Traverse different rearing methods for chickens, ducks, and turkeys.
- Develop a strong understanding of the artificial and natural methods of incubation.
- Scale up your knowledge about poultry housing and its environment.
- Comprehend the underlying principles of insect and pest control.
- Become familiar with record-keeping, economics, marketing, safety, and awareness.
Why People Enrol this Poultry Farming Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Poultry Farming course
- Learning materials of our Poultry Farming course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Poultry Farming course content for a full year
- Complete the Poultry Farming course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Poultry Farming course
This Poultry Farming course is designed with the following modules:
***Poultry Farming & Business***
Module-1: Introduction to Poultry Farming.
- Introduction to Poultry Industry
- Poultry Breeds
- Hybrid Chicken
- Broodiest Chicken for Laying Eggs
- Best Chickens for Egg and Companionship
Module-2: Poultry Nutrition
- Nutritional Requirements of Poultry
- Factors affecting the nutrient requirements of poultry
- Nutrient Requirements of Egg Laying Chickens
- Nutrient Requirements of Meat Chickens
- Viral Diseases
- Bacterial Diseases
- Fungal Diseases
- Protozoan Diseases
- Administration of Vaccines
- Types of Vaccines
- Preventing Vaccination Failure in Poultry Flocks
- Tips for Successful Vaccination
- Extensive (Free-Range) System
- Semi-Intensive System
- Battery Cages
- Deep Litter System
- Feeding the Laying Hen
- Biosecurity Measures in Layer Farm
- Stockmanship and Managing Chickens
- Health and Welfare Plans
- Inspecting Flock
- Stocking Density
- Mutilating Meat Chickens
- Rearing Systems
- Housing & Cleaning
- The Natural Method (Using Broody Hens)
- The Artificial Method (Using Incubators)
- Selecting Eggs
- Storing Hatching Eggs
- The Infra-Red Lamp
Module-11: Housing and the Environment
- Poultry Housing Design
- Free Range
- Poultry Housing Environment
- Ventilation and Temperature
Module-12: Record Keeping, Economics and Marketing
- Keeping Records
- Costs in Poultry Production
Module-13: Insect and Pest Control
- Pests and Their Behaviours
- Principles of Control in Pest Management
- Ways to Get Rid of Pests
Module-14: Safety and Awareness
- Farm fires
- Health and Safety
How is the Poultry Farming Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to order a certificate endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the Poultry Farming course, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as a proof of their achievement. The hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this Poultry Farming course, you will qualify for the IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This Poultry Farming course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Poultry Farming course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Poultry Farming course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
After completing this Poultry Farming course, you will have developed a range of skills necessary for professional progression and will be able to explore a wide range of career prospects, such as —
- Poultry Farmer
- Poultry Farm Manager
- Poultry Farm Nutritionist
- Poultry Farm Worker
The average salary potential for these career prospects is from £10,000 up to £40,000 in the UK.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.