The University of Law
Add to basket or enquire
Location & dates
Learn to think like a lawyer with our Postgraduate Diploma in Law conversion course. This course is the pathway into practice for non-law graduates who want to progress onto the LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) or SQE1 Preparation Course to qualify as a solicitor or the Bar Practice Course (BPC) to qualify as a barrister. Our PGDL offers you a great chance to make the transition into legal study with excellent levels of support and guidance from our experienced, professional tutors. Not only will you learn the academic law necessary for converting to law, but you will also focus on key skills and competences crucial for your development as a lawyer.
Why choose this course?
- Learn to think like a lawyer and develop practical legal skills through practical workshops and problem-based learning.
- Be ready to progress your legal training – go on to study our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) or SQE1 Preparation Course to become a solicitor or Bar Practice Course (BPC) to become a barrister.
- Stand-alone Skills & Behaviours module – designed to focus on key skills and behaviours necessary for practice as a solicitor or barrister.
- Explore an area of law that interests you in our Law of Organisations module.
- With one of the largest legal careers services in the UK, ULaw gives you the support and opportunities you need to make the best start in your legal career.
- Taught by qualified lawyers, with lectures and practical workshops to develop your legal skills, so you’ll know what to expect in a real-life work environment.
- Enjoy flexible study – choose to study full-time or part-time at one of our locations nationwide, or online.
Our years of experience in training more practising lawyers in the UK than any other law school has helped our students go on to succeed in law, business, politics and more. We believe in training students for the real world from the moment they accept a place with us.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for non-law graduates wishing to pursue a career in law.
- A UK undergraduate degree at 2:2 or above in any discipline (or equivalent).
- Overseas graduates and mature non-graduates:
- Future barristers - please apply for a Certificate of Academic Standing from the Bar Standards Board (BSB)
- Future solicitors - please send your qualifications through to the Admissions team who can deem whether you are eligible for the course.
A sufficient command of English is required to successfully complete the course. Please note that students providing a degree from a UK university as proof of English must have studied the whole degree in the UK.
This course is the pathway into practice for non-law graduates who want to progress onto the SQE1 Preparation Course, our LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) to qualify as a solicitor or the Bar Practice Course (BPC) to qualify as a barrister
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.