Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
Discover the comprehensive Positive Handling in Schools course, designed to equip educators and school staff with essential knowledge and techniques to manage challenging behaviour effectively. Delve into a wide range of topics, from understanding the Team-Teach approach and mastering de-escalation strategies to navigating legal aspects and implementing physical intervention methods. Empower yourself to foster a safe and supportive learning environment for all students, including those with disabilities or special needs.
With this course, you will gain valuable insights into the SCARF model, government advice and guidance, and safeguarding practices. Learn to make informed decisions, keeping the welfare of both students and staff in mind. Implement effective behaviour policies, and master the principles of screening, searching, and confiscation to maintain a secure school environment.
- Comprehend the Team-Teach approach and Positive Handling.
- Apply effective de-escalation techniques in school settings.
- Recognise and address various aggressive behaviours in students.
- Manage trauma and support students with disabilities.
- Implement the SCARF model to improve classroom dynamics.
- Understand safeguarding practices and government guidance.
- Make informed decisions regarding duty of care and discipline.
- Utilise appropriate physical intervention and restraint methods.
Key Features of the Positive Handling in Schools Course :
- Instant e-certificate
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Developed by qualified professionals in the field
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
*** Additional Gifts ***
Free Life coaching Course
The detailed curriculum outline of our Positive Handling in Schools course is as follows:
***Positive Handling in Schools***
Module 01: Introduction to Positive Handling in School
- Positive Handling in School
- The Team-Teach Approach
- Types of Courses
- Foundation Course
- Basic Practitioners
- Intermediate Instructors
- Other Courses
Module 02: A Serious Business
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- De-Escalation Techniques
- When to De-Escalate
- Non-Verbal Strategies
- Verbal Strategies
- Things to Avoid
Module 03: The Aggression Curve
- What Is Relational Aggressive Behaviour?
- Early Childhood
- Violent Behaviours
Module 04: Trauma and Disability Management
- Trauma in Children
- Students with Disability or Special Needs
- Working with Students with Disability
Module 05: The SCARF Model
- What Is the SCARF Model?
Module 06: Government Advice and Guidance
- Safeguarding Information for All Staff
- Functions of School Staff
- Child Concerns of School Staff
- Safeguarding Practices of School Staff
Module 07: Making Decisions: Duty of Care
- Teacher’s Power to Discipline
- Positive Handling Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Maintained Schools
- Academic Schools
Module 08: The Law
- The Legal Position
- Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety
Module 09: Physical Intervention and Restraint
- What Is a Reasonable Force?
- Restrictive Physical Intervention
- Planning for Physical Intervention
- The Use of Physical Restraint
- Physical Intervention and Restraint Policy
Module 10: Screening, Searching and Confiscation
- Searching with Consent
- Searching without Consent
- During the Search
- After the Search
This Positive Handling in Schools is CPD Certification Service (CPD UK) Accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your Positive Handling in Schools course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is for:
- Teachers and teaching assistants
- School administrators and support staff
- Special educational needs coordinators
- Pastoral support workers
- School counsellors and psychologists
- Staff involved in safeguarding and child protection
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) - £30-45k/year
- Behaviour Support Assistant - £18-25k/year
- School Counsellor - £20-35k/year
- Pastoral Support Worker - £20-28k/year
- Safeguarding Officer - £22-35k/year
- School Welfare Officer - £20-30k/year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of completion
Hard copy certificate - Included
You will get the hard copy certificates for Free! The delivery charge of the hard copy certificate inside the UK is £3.99 each.