PMO Learning LTD
Add to basket or enquire
The P3O® Foundation Certification is considered to be the second* entry-level training and certification for those working in a Programme or Project Management Office.
The course covers the fundamentals of P3O®, giving you a solid foundation in the P3O® model, the terminology and concepts involved – the course also covers the key functions and services in a P3O® model – considered to be one of the most useful areas for a PMO practitioner. The course also covers the tools and techniques used in a P3O® and looks at the different types of PMOs with the model.
Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O) Foundation
Course Modules include:
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Overview, Principles of a P3O Model
- Module 3: Why have a P3O?
- Module 4: Models and Tailoring
- Module 5: Implementing and Re-energising
- Module 6: How to Operate a P3O (including Tools and Techniques)
- Module 7: P3O Roles
In the course, learners will:
- Learn about the high-level P3O model and its component offices.
- Understand the key differences between Portfolio, Programme and Project Management.
- Explore the key functions and services of a P3O.
- Understand the reasons for establishing a P3O model.
- Learn about the differences between types of P3O model and the factors that influence the selection of the most appropriate model.
- Identify the processes to implement or re-energize a P3O.
- Learn about the tools and techniques used by a P3O.
- Understand the purpose and significant responsibilities of the defined roles in a P3O.
- Prepare to pass the P3O Foundation exam and become P3O Foundation certified.
After the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of Project, Programme and Portfolio Management in the context of P3O.
- Demonstrate a better understanding of the different types of PMOs within the P3O model.
- Understand and articulate the need for PMOs within an organisation.
- Use the P3O functions and services guidance to implement new services or update existing ones.
- Share group experiences and develop knowledge within the organisation.
- Demonstrate progress to becoming a competent PMO practitioner.
Who is this course for?
The P3O® Foundation level course is specifically for:
- Those new to PMO – working in Project Administrator, Project Co-ordinator and Project Support Officer roles
- Those new to a career in PMO with previous PPM experience
- Those looking for a career move to project support and PMO
- No previous experience or knowledge required
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.