Add to basket or enquire
Are you interested to begin your plumbing career or want to gain more advanced skills in plumbing? Then this plumbing diploma course will help you get one step closer to your professional aspirations and develop your skills and knowledge in plumbing for a rewarding career. Gain plumbing skills and credentials that employers value.
This course is accredited by the CPD UK. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards to your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world.
Master the skills you need to propel your career forward in plumbing. Equip yourself with the essential knowledge and skillset that make you a confident plumber and take your career to the next level. This comprehensive plumbing diploma course is designed to help you reach your professional goals.
The skills and knowledge that you will gain through studying this plumbing diploma course will help you get one step closer to your professional aspirations and develop your skills for a rewarding career.
This comprehensive plumbing diploma course will teach you the theory of effective plumbing practice and equip you with the essential skills, confidence and competence to assist you in the plumbing industry. You’ll gain a solid understanding of the core competencies required to drive a successful career in plumbing.
Learn from expert tutors with industry experience, teaching you the latest expertise and best practice. This extensive plumbing diploma course is designed for plumbing professionals who are aspiring to specialise in plumbing. Earn industry-recognised credentials to demonstrate your new skills and add extra value to your CV.
Enrol today and take the next step towards your personal and professional goals.
Why choose this course?
- CPD UK & IPHM Accredited Course
- FREE GIFT: Course Completion PDF & Hardcopy Certificates, MCQ Exam & Full Tutor Support Included and FREE Short Circuit Analysis course as a bonus
- Get dual certificate (2 accredited certificate) in 1 course (CPD UK and IPHM)
- Unlimited lifetime access
- Instructor-led distance learning
- Get trained by industry experts
- 24/7 student support system
- Learn at your own pace and leisure
- Earn industry-recognised credentials
- User-friendly, advanced online learning material
- Effective training, written and designed by certified professional
- Course Completion PDF & Hardcopy Certificate, MCQ Exam & Full Tutor Support Included
- Get FREE Short Circuit Analysis course as a bonus
- 2 Accreditation in 1 Course (CPD UK and IPHM)
Reason to learn with Study Plex
- Over 89,000 students taught across a range of fully certified courses
- Offering learners the chance to acquire the most in-demand and marketable skills
- Full commitment to helping our students find success on their chosen path
- Partnership with some of the world's best-known accreditation organisations
- Full belief in you, your success, and your ability to thrive
This extensive plumbing diploma course is designed by industry experts; this plumbing diploma course will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. Not only will it make you more lucrative to potential employers, but it will also give you the confidence to apply for that dream job.
This plumbing diploma course is divided into bite-sized modules to make it easy to follow. Whether you are travelling around the world or juggling work and family, this course can be completed anytime, anywhere. This flexibility enables you to learn at your own pace, fitting your studies around your current lifestyle.
This comprehensive plumbing diploma course covers the following modules:
Module 1: Basics of Plumbing and the Industry
- Introduction to plumbing.
- Role play of plumbers in everyday life
- Career prospects for plumbers
- Correlation of plumbing with other service sectors: construction, engineering and architectural occupations.
- List of Principal Organisations of plumbing Industry in UK
Module 2: British Standards and Codes for Plumbing Industry
- Aims of the benchmark
- The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) for Pipe materials
- Water Supply (Water Fitting) Regulations 1999
- Public water supply to dwellings
- External pipework
- Pools and ponds
- Drinking water tap
- Bidet UK Regulations
- Domestic cold water storage
- Heating system in the premises
- Water shut off valve to premises
- Quality Standard signs
- General Requirements
Module 3: Health and Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Signs
- Personal safety
- Safety kit
- Safety from chemicals
- Working with lead
- Fire emergencies
- Trip Hazards
- First-aid training
- Reporting plumbing emergencies
Module 4: Plumber’s Toolbox
- Manual and Cartridge operated tools
- Pipe fittings and expander
- Pipe and tube cutters
- Press fitting systems
- Plumber wrenches and Spanner set
- Clog clearing equipments
- Plumber safety kit
- Plumber’s torch
- Ratcheting pipe threader set
- Thread Sealing Tape
- Repair and replacement
Module 5: Materials for Plumbing Installations
- Pipework Materials
- Plastic tubes
- Supply tubes
- Copper tubes and fittings
- Low Carbon Steel (LCS) pipes
- Supply Fittings
- Elbow Fittings
- DWV Fittings
Module 6: Objectives of an implicit plumbing process
- Liquid waste disposition
- Water supply management
- Sanitisation and plumbing
- Minimise water wastage
Module 7: Domestic plumbing processes
- Preparing for plumbing installations
- Computing site measurements
- Identifying plumbing requirements
- Ordering tools and equipments
- Site preparation for installations
- Liasoning with clients and fellow workers
- Advanced trade skills
- Lifting floorboard
- Replacing floorboard
- Drilling holes
- Essential skill-sets
- Pipework specific jointing processes
- Methods of jointing
- Cutting and soldering copper
- Cutting cast-iron pipes
- Working with Gas pipe fittings
- Using Black pipe (ABS)
- Making Flared fitting
Module 8: Understanding Home Plumbing System
- Water Supply System
- Drain-Waste-Vent System
Module 9: Essential Plumbing Installations and Techniques
(This module includes how to do basic maintenance plumbing jobs to comprehensive system installations for both new housing developments and for renovation purposes.)
- Mapping Plumbing routes
- Kitchen sinks
- Kitchen traps and drains
- How to install a kitchen-waste disposal unit
- How to plumb a kitchen sink drain
- Drinking water faucet
- Bathroom plumbing
- How to install a new toilet
- How to install shower cabins/enclosures
- Vanity Plumbing
- Integral Vanity Tops
- Bathroom taps and faucets
- Vessel sinks and its types
- How to install a vessel sink
- Swimming pools
- How to install a bathtub drain kit?
- How to plumb a drain hookup
- Floor drains
- Installing New Gas lines
- How to fix noise in the water installations
- How to plumb for the disabled
Module 10: Drainage and Sanitation Fixtures
- Understanding the drainage design
- Fixing odours in drains
- Unclogging sinks
- Cleaning sink traps
- Toilet system
- Fixing lift chain and toilet handles
- Unclogging toilets
- Detection and removal of sewer gas
- Re-washering a tap
- Fixing leaks
- Burst pipes
- Quick fix with Repair Coupling
- Fixing cracks with Pipe Repair Clamp
Module 11: Components & Control of Central Heating System
- Heat Emitters
- Central boilers
- Types of boilers
- Efficient boilers
- Components of control systems
- SAP pointers
- Significance of wiring
- Components of pipework
- General maintenance
Module 12: Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Selecting & positioning the right heating system
- Centralised vs. single point system
- Instantaneous heating system
- Vented system
- Unvented system
- Open vented vs. Sealed hot water storage systems
- Vented Direct Hot Water Storage Systems
- Vented Indirect Hot Water Storage System
- Storage Vessels
- Pros and Cons of different pipeworks
- Components of pipeworks
Module 13: Cold Water Systems
- Water route to domestic premises
- Pipework blueprint from mains to drain tap
- Choosing the right pipework within the dwelling
- Installation of external stop valves
- Installing internal stop valves
- Water meters
- Water treatment
- Cold water system types
- Best practices for Cold Water Storage Cisterns (CWSC)
- Control valves
- Overflow pipes
- Frost control
- Checklist for effective domestic hot and cold water systems
Module 14: De-commissioning of Water Systems
- Cleaning and general maintenance
- De-commissioning systems
- Tips to decommission AGDS
- How to remove a toilet
Module 15: Energy Conservation and Plumbing
- Plumbing associated Environmental hazard
- Effective waste disposal
- Resource friendly plumbing
How am I assessed?
Once you have completed the plumbing diploma course, you will then be required to undertake an online MCQ assessment. This exam will cover everything you have already learnt. This means that you will have plenty of time to study and prepare for the assessment before taking it.
The assessment itself is made up of multiple-choice questions in your chosen subject area. You will receive your results straight after completion.
Explore new skills
Equip yourself with the essential skills, confidence and competence to assist you in your chosen industry.
Accelerate your career
Learn the most in-demand skills, get certified and level up your career. This plumbing diploma online training course is designed to help you reach your professional goals.
Make your CV stand out
Earn industry-recognised credentials to demonstrate your new skills and add extra value to your CV.
Certificate of Completion
After successfully finishing the course, you will be eligible to order your free PDF & Hardcopy certificate of course completion. There is a minimal shipping charge to get the hardcopy course completion certificate which is:
- Inside the UK = £5.99
- International Students = £16.99
CPD and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
Grow your career by earning CPD and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement and add extra value to your CV. On successful completion of this plumbing diploma course, you will be eligible to order your CPD and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) to demonstrate your new skills. You can also share this certificate with prospective employers and your professional network. The CPD and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) can be obtained in PDF format at the nominal fee of £12; there is an additional fee to get a printed copy certificate which is £25.
Who is this course for?
If you are a beginner or already working as a plumber, or are considering a career in plumbing, then this plumbing diploma course will give you a solid understanding of the core competencies required to drive a successful career in plumbing.
This plumbing diploma course is suitable for all skill levels and backgrounds. Whether you want to advance your career prospects, learn a new skill, or broaden your educational horizons this plumbing diploma course will help you to gain a solid understanding of the core competencies required to drive a successful career in your chosen industry.
This plumbing diploma course is open to students of all academic backgrounds aiming to enhance their skills.
At Study Plex, we invite everyone to learn. This plumbing diploma course is open to anyone aged 16 and over.
If you have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
This plumbing diploma course will equip you with the essential skills and credentials to demonstrate your new skills and add extra value to your CV. On successful completion of this plumbing diploma course, you will gain a solid understanding of the core competencies required to drive a successful career in your chosen industry.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.