Add to basket or enquire
Whether you are self-taught and you want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, this pipe fitter course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident plumber and develop more advanced skills. Gain the essentials skills and knowledge you need to propel your career forward as a plumber.
The pipe fitter course will set you up with the appropriate skills and experience needed for the job and is ideal for both beginners and those currently working as a plumber.
This comprehensive pipe fitter course is the perfect way to kickstart your career in the field of plumbing. This pipe fitter course will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees.
If you’re interested in working as a plumber or want to learn more skills on plumbing but unsure of where to start, then this pipe fitter course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident plumber and develop more advanced skills.
As one of the leading course providers and most renowned e-learning specialists online, we’re dedicated to giving you the best educational experience possible. This course is crafted by industry expert, to enable you to learn quickly and efficiently, and at your own pace and convenience.
How Will I Benefit?
- Boost your skills in plumbing
- Deepen your knowledge and skills in your chosen field just in hours not years!
- Study a course that has been designed by industry experts.
- Save money and time by studying at your convenient time
- Have access to a tutor whenever you are in need
So, what are you thinking about! Start getting the benefits by enrolling today!
Pipe Fitter Course
Why Choose Lead Academy:
- Lifetime Access
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- Learn in demand skills
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- 24/7 customer support through email
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- No hidden fee
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
The pipe fitter is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kickstart their career as a plumber, as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of plumbing, then this program is perfect for you.
Our online courses come with lifetime access with no time limit for completion. Each course is fully accessible from a tablet, mobile or laptop, as long as there is a secure internet connection.
We pride ourselves on our supportive network of dedicated instructors and attentive customer service team who are dedicated to assisting you through your learning journey. Contact them at any time via email should you have any questions or queries.
We have divided the pipe fitter course into 15 user-friendly modules, covering all fundamental areas of plumbing to provide learners with the relevant skills and industry knowledge to take their career to the next level.
This comprehensive pipe fitter course includes the following modules:
Module 1: Basics of Plumbing and the Industry
- Plumbing - Introduction to plumbing.
- Plumbing - Role play of plumbers in everyday life
- Plumbing - Career prospects for plumbers
- Plumbing - Correlation of plumbing with other service sectors: construction, engineering and architectural occupations.
- Plumbing - List of Principal Organisations of plumbing Industry in UK
Module 2: British Standards and Codes for Plumbing Industry
- Plumbing - Aims of the benchmark
- Plumbing - The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) for Pipe materials
- Plumbing - Water Supply (Water Fitting) Regulations 1999
- Plumbing - Public water supply to dwellings
- Plumbing - External pipework
- Plumbing - Pools and ponds
- Plumbing - Drinking water tap
- Plumbing - Bidet UK Regulations
- Plumbing - Domestic cold water storage
- Plumbing - Heating system in the premises
- Plumbing - Water shut off valve to premises
- Plumbing - Quality Standard signs
- Plumbing - General Requirements
Module 3: Health and Safety
- Plumbing - Risk Assessment
- Plumbing - Safety Signs
- Plumbing - Personal safety
- Plumbing - Safety kit
- Plumbing - Safety from chemicals
- Plumbing - Working with lead
- Plumbing - COSHH
- Plumbing - Fire emergencies
- Plumbing - Trip Hazards
- Plumbing - First-aid training
- Plumbing - Reporting plumbing emergencies
Module 4: Plumber’s Toolbox
- Plumbing - Manual and Cartridge operated tools
- Pipe fittings and expander
- Pipe and tube cutters
- Press fitting systems
- Plumber wrenches and Spanner set
- Clog clearing equipments
- Plumber safety kit
- Plumber’s torch
- Ratcheting pipe threader set
- Thread Sealing Tape
- Repair and replacement
Module 5: Materials for Plumbing Installations
- Pipework Materials
- Plastic tubes
- Supply tubes
- Copper tubes and fittings
- Low Carbon Steel (LCS) pipes
- Supply Fittings
- Elbow Fittings
- DWV Fittings
Module 6: Objectives of an implicit plumbing process
- Liquid waste disposition
- Water supply management
- Sanitisation and plumbing
- Minimize water wastage
Module 7: Domestic plumbing processes
- Preparing for plumbing installations
- Computing site measurements
- Identifying plumbing requirements
- Ordering tools and equipments
- Site preparation for installations
- Liasoning with clients and fellow workers
- Advanced trade skills
- Lifting floorboard
- Replacing floorboard
- Drilling holes
- Essential skill-sets
- Pipework specific jointing processes
- Methods of jointing
- Cutting and soldering copper
- Cutting cast-iron pipes
- Working with Gas pipe fittings
- Using Black pipe (ABS)
- Making Flared fitting
Module 8: Understanding Home Plumbing System
- Water Supply System
- Drain-Waste-Vent System
Module 9: Essential Plumbing Installations and Techniques
(This module includes how to do basic maintenance plumbing jobs to comprehensive system installations for both new housing developments and for renovation purposes.)
- Mapping Plumbing routes
- Kitchen sinks
- Kitchen traps and drains
- How to install a kitchen-waste disposal unit
- How to plumb a kitchen sink drain
- Drinking water faucet
- Bathroom plumbing
- How to install a new toilet
- How to install shower cabins/enclosures
- Vanity Plumbing
- Integral Vanity Tops
- Bathroom taps and faucets
- Vessel sinks and its types
- How to install a vessel sink
- Swimming pools
- How to install a bathtub drain kit?
- How to plumb a drain hookup
- Floor drains
- Installing New Gas lines
- How to fix noise in the water installations
- How to plumb for the disabled
Module 10: Drainage and Sanitation Fixtures
- Understanding the drainage design
- Fixing odours in drains
- Unclogging sinks
- Cleaning sink traps
- Toilet system
- Fixing lift chain and toilet handles
- Unclogging toilets
- Detection and removal of sewer gas
- Re-washering a tap
- Fixing leaks
- Burst pipes
- Quick fix with Repair Coupling
- Fixing cracks with Pipe Repair Clamp
Module 11: Components & Control of Central Heating System
- Heat Emitters
- Central boilers
- Types of boilers
- Efficient boilers
- Components of control systems
- SAP pointers
- Significance of wiring
- Components of pipework
- General maintenance
Module 12: Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Selecting & positioning the right heating system
- Centralised vs. single point system
- Instantaneous heating system
- Vented system
- Unvented system
- Open vented vs. Sealed hot water storage systems
- Vented Direct Hot Water Storage Systems
- Vented Indirect Hot Water Storage System
- Storage Vessels
- Pros and Cons of different pipeworks
- Components of pipeworks
Module 13: Cold Water Systems
- Water route to domestic premises
- Pipework blueprint from mains to drain tap
- Choosing the right pipework within the dwelling
- Installation of external stop valves
- Installing internal stop valves
- Water meters
- Water treatment
- Cold water system types
- Best practices for Cold Water Storage Cisterns (CWSC)
- Control valves
- Overflow pipes
- Frost control
- Checklist for effective domestic hot and cold water systems
Module 14: De-commissioning of Water Systems
- Cleaning and general maintenance
- De-commissioning systems
- Tips to decommission AGDS
- How to remove a toilet
Module 15: Energy Conservation and Plumbing
- Plumbing associated Environmental hazard
- Effective waste disposal
- Resource friendly plumbing
Certificate of Achievement from Lead Academy
On successful completion of the pipe fitter course, you will be eligible to order your certificate of achievement as proof of your new skill. The certificate of achievement is an official credential that confirms that you successfully finished a course with Lead Academy. This means that you/your employer can verify your certificate through our website. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Who is this course for?
Pipe Fitter Course
This comprehensive pipe fitter course is suitable for anyone looking to improve their job prospects or aspiring to accelerate their career in this sector and want to gain in-depth knowledge of plumbing.
This pipe fitter course is felicitous for those, who want to be the best in their jobs.
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the pipe fitter course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with up to date skills that can be used to enhance your CV.
Pipe Fitter Course
- There are no academic entry requirements for this pipe fitter course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
This pipe fitter course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your new skills to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.