Have you always dreamed of a career helping people with their health care needs?
Begin a rewarding career as a physiotherapy assistant where you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of people in need. Every single day, people suffer with physical and neurological disorders and injuries that require rehabilitation services. Upon completing this course in becoming a physiotherapy assistant, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to begin your exciting career in physiotherapy.
Help people to become healthier, happier, and to improve their quality of life.
Physiotherapy assistants are an important part of the recovery process for many patients. They provide necessary face-to-face contact, support, and help carry out the plans designed by the physiotherapist so that patients can get back up on their feet and strive. As a physiotherapy assistant, you can immediately make a difference in the life of someone who is struggling with an ailment and needs support. Whether the support is through providing a series of exercises to strengthen a muscle, through cheering someone on to take some difficult steps, or through meeting with clients to review their treatment plans, the physiotherapy assistant plays an important role in the recovery of patients.
Whether you are beginning a new career or looking for the change you finally feel like you need, don’t hesitate to enroll in our online Physiotherapy Assistant course. Our online course provides you instant access to the course material, and allows you to complete your coursework on your own time, and wherever it is most convenient to you.
In the physiotherapy assistant course, you will learn:
- the role and duties of physiotherapist assistants
- ethical responsibilities of working with clients and their families
- the types of injuries, diseases, and ailments that require physiotherapy
- the various approaches to physiotherapy treatment
- thefundementals of biology, anatomy, physiology, and other sciences that relate to the field of physiotherapy
- how to design a plan of action that is best suited to a clients needs
Enroll in our online Physiotherapy Assistant course today to begin a career in health care and to start making a difference in the lives of others.
Module 1: Introduction to the physiotherapy profession
- What is physiotherapy?
- Duties of a physiotherapist
- Specialties within the physiotherapy field
- How to become a physiotherapy assistant
- Working with clients with various heath care needs
- Ethical responsibilities of the profession
Module 2: Reasons for physiotherapy
- Sports injuries
- Spinal issues
- Respiratory conditions
- Post-surgery rehabilitation
- Aging treatments
- Pediatric care
- Post-natal care
- Other injury or health concerns
Module 3: Types of physiotherapy interventions
- Cold or cryotherapy
- Heat therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Range of motion exercises
- Strengthening exercises
- Soft tissue mobilization
Module 4: The sciences behind physiotherapy
- Anatomy and physiology related to physiotherapy
- Human biology
- Behavioral sciences
- Clinical pathology
Module 5: The physiotherapy process
- The evaluation process
- Diagnosis and prognosis of client conditions
- Setting a plan of action for services
- Intervention procedures
- Prevention techniques
Who is this course for?
This course in physiotherapy is ideal for individuals who:
- are compassionate, patient, and kindhearted in nature
- enjoy working with others and helping those in need
- understand the limitations and possibilities of the human body and mind
- are searching for a way to break into the health care field
- have an interest in biological and cognitive sciences
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After completing this course, you could:
- Take the next step on your journey to becoming a physiotherapy assistant
- Use your skills and knowledge to decide if the health industry is the right one for you
- Be better able to recover personally from injuries
- Explore the many exciting jobs available in the health industry for skilled and compassionate people
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
After the course is completed is a certificate provided to show completion?
A PDF certificate is included in your course at no additional fee. To be eligible to gain your certificate, you need to successfully pass each course module (55% mark or more). Also, your course progress has to be 100% (each course page has to be saved) to ensure that the course is fully completed. Certificates can only be requested via your Virtual Campus.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
CPD Acredited Physiotherapy Course asked:
Dear, how can i make a payment?
Hi, I hope you are well. You can order the course in the REED platform. Please let us know if you need anything else.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.