Photoshop: Quick & Easy Animation Like a Professional
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
Are you ready to take your videos to the next level?
This easy to follow course will help you make original, custom animations using Adobe Photoshop that look professional and can be used as stand-alone movies (without needing any other software) or in combination with other video, animation, and multimedia software programs for a full range of effects and purposes. FREE 30 day trials of Photoshop are available at Adobe’s website.
In this course you will learn my very favorite animation and video rotoscoping techniques to create powerful multimedia projects ranging from laughably simple (think stick figures waving) to more sophisticated and complex (such as my own award-winning series of films screened internationally in film festivals and online since 2002.)
In this course you’ll learn step by step how to:
- Harness the power of Photoshop to create simple or complex frame by frame animations, with or without using Photoshop’s timeline.
- Easily turn a regular video into a stop-motion animated video by making simple frame rate adjustments.
- Apply a full range of effects to your video to create animated elements or a stand-alone animation even if you CAN’T DRAW.
- Coax Photoshop to animate objects and layers for you (without having to draw anything) by making position, size, and opacity changes, to name just a few possibilities.
- Craft multiple effects at once to create more complex final animations by using multiple layers.
- Capture complex movements by bringing in video, drawing right over it, and (optionally) throwing the video guide out so all that is left is your new animation with its sophisticated movements. (That’s rotoscoping!)
I start from the very beginning using Adobe Photoshop. Free 30 day trials of Photoshop are available from Adobe’s website BUT many of the techniques I show you in this course (such as frame by frame animation) can be achieved in virtually any imaging software combined with your favorite video editing program.
All of my techniques are explained so you will 100% understand how they work. You can then decide how much time you will spend on each animation which will then affect your end results.
What Students Are Saying:
“Loved this course! Kristen is very thorough in her instruction and shows multiple ways to accomplish the various tasks included in the animation process. She discusses everything from where to get video to drawing techniques and final presentation. This was a fun course and I recommend it to anyone interested in learning the basics of animation in Photoshop or a similar program.” -Deborah Wojcicki
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this animating in Photoshop course and join our growing learning community! Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started building your animation, multimedia, and video skills today.
- Introduction to Animate in Photoshop!
- Why Use Photoshop to Animate? How I Use Photoshop in Multimedia. A Case Study
- Assessment – Welcome
Setting Up to Animate in Photoshop: Tools and Resources
- Royalty-Free and Public Domain Video Resources
- Setting Up to Animate in Photoshop: Windows and Tools
- Importing Your Video and Working With Different Video Formats
- Make a Quick & Dirty Stop Motion Animation By Adjusting Your Frames Per Second
- Assessment – Setting Up to Animate in Photoshop: Tools and Resources
Animating in Photoshop: Some Techniques You Can Try
- Drawing Right Over Your Video and Making a Simple Frame By Frame Animation
- Using the Onion Skin Options to Make More Decisive Drawings (Frame By Frame)
- Use the “Wiggle” Technique to Get More Mileage Out of Your Drawings (Looping)
- Let’s Have Photoshop Animate For Us (Position, Scaling, Opacity, Rotation, etc.)
- Rotoscoping and Animating the Frame By Frame Way (*The Essence of How I Work
- Adding Filters and Other Special Effects to Your Video (For Good or For Evil)
- Turning a Video Into an Animated Painting With Brushes
- Exporting the Final Video From Photoshop
- Assessment – Animating in Photoshop: Some Techniques You Can Try
New: Make Animated Gifs in Photoshop for Your Site or Social Media Pages
- How to Create a Simple Animated Gif in Photoshop
- How to Create a Quick & Dirty (But Beautiful) Animated Gif Slideshow
- Assessment – New: Make Animated Gifs in Photoshop for Your Site or Social Media Pages
Resources and Conclusion
- Thanks for Taking This Course. Please Review
What Will I Learn?
- Harness the power of Photoshop to make simple or complex 2-D animations.
- Animate and draw directly over video clips to enhance or completely transform them.
- Access a full array of public domain and royalty-free still image and video resources to use in your own unique projects.
- Capture and animate complex movements with ease by using video as your guide.
- Create stunning animations and video/animation combos that can be exported as stand-alone movies or brought into other programs to be combined with other 2D and 3D multimedia sources.
- Make simple but powerful animated GIFS for their websites or social media pages.
Who is this course for?
- This is a great course for those already familiar with Photoshop but who have never used it to do anything with animation or video before.
- This course is also useful for multimedia artists, animators, and video editors who have never tried adding Photoshop to their tool belt.
- Beginners and novices to Photoshop can also benefit from this course as you are walked through the entire process of animating over video step by step.
- Nothing special is needed before taking this course except for an open mind and a willingness to play and experiment with Photoshop’s animation tools. That said, those who have at least a basic familiarity with Photoshop will be the most comfortable getting started.
- Free 30 days trials of Photoshop are available from Adobe’s website.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.