Add to basket or enquire
Picture the opportunity of being able to teach children how to take great photographs, and imagine never have to delete another blurred, out of focus photo ever again! Kids are like sponges and love to soak up new knowledge every day, and photography is a lifelong skill that can easily be picked up at a young age, even if it is just for hobby purposes. By signing up to this course, you will give your children the opportunity to gain the skills they need to be able to take great pictures – and you’ll probably pick up some new snap-happy techniques at the same time!
Embrace your Child’s Creativity
Whether you work with children, or would like to teach your own kids something new, embracing their creativity and critical thinking can help their minds develop and allow them to harness a new, rewarding skill. With this online course, you will be able to guide your children through a project-based syllabus, covering the history of photography as well as some basic photography techniques, in a fun and engaging way.
Practical Exercises to Learn by Doing
Kids learn by doing, just like adults do. This is why this course includes weekly projects which require them to take pictures in real life, by following the weekly briefs and heading out to practise their techniques and snap the perfect shots. There are 12 weeks-worth of projects available and each should take between 30 and 60 minutes to complete. If you’re looking for an extracurricular activity that is worth doing, you’ve found it!
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Anyone wishing to introduce photography to children – either as parents, or those who work with children - would benefit from signing up to this course. It would especially suit parents who home-school their children, who would like to provide an additional activity to support their learning – as well as those who have an interest in photography themselves. It’s best suited to children who are between the ages of 4 and 13.
- Take a brief look at the history of photography, and touch upon some camera basics to help get started.
- Participate in 12 weekly adventures, covering various photography techniques and challenges, including:
- Household items, architecture, animals and pets, family portraits, plants and nature, the bugs eye view, a photo scavenger hunt, photojournalism, the photo walk, an A-Z photo find, photo diaries and pick-a-colour.
- Pick up some vital photography tips that can help children to continue to hone their skills and see their talent flourish.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Project-based course enables children to learn by doing, at a pace that suits them.
- Practise new techniques for real, by using the new skills in real life.
- Bulk of the syllabus is broken down into manageable chunks – no need to feel overwhelmed with information all at once!
- Syllabus delivered in a fun, engaging and exciting way – there’ll be no reason to get bored!
- Photo reviews help children to see where improvements can be made.
- Lessons are downloadable onto any computer, tablet or smartphone, and can be taken with you when learning on the go.
- Courseware accessible 24/7, 365 days a year – all you need is an active internet connection.
- Tutor support available via email throughout the course.
- Grading also available, should you need the child’s work to be graded for the purpose of home-school or extracurricular credits.
You’re never too young to learn something new; by signing up to this course, you will have the tools you need to teach your children how to take great photos – a skill that they can use and develop for the rest of their lives!
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I want to buy the photography course for my granddaughter do I book it in her or my name. And how do I ensure she can log onto the course Thanks
Hi Dawn, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that you can purchase the course and after purchasing the course you will receive the voucher code through which you need to create an account and redeem the voucher code. Please make sure that the voucher code has to be redeemed under the learner's email address. If your Grand Daughter wants to study the course then she needs to create an account and redeems the voucher code. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
When does the course start, is it through videos or live classroom and why are there no reviews. Thank you.
Hi Sara, Thank you for contacting us. We would inform you that this is an online reading based course. After completing the course you will be honoured with the course completion certificate. Regards, JamesThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Sian Morgan asked:
What camera do they need ?? Can they use a iphone ?
Hi Sian, Thank you for your email. This course includes weekly projects which require them to take pictures in real life, by following the weekly briefs and heading out to practice their techniques and snap the perfect shots. Yes, they can complete the course using iPhone. Regards, JamesThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.