Add to basket or enquire
Develop the core skills to become a qualified phlebotomist and explore the procedures involved in drawing patients’ blood for tests and transfusions with the Phlebotomist Training course.
This Phlebotomist course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 5 CPD points available without any further studies.
Venepuncture is a procedure that is performed by nursing and medical staff in a wide variety of clinical areas as a clinical and diagnostic aid in patient management. This Phlebotomist Training course is designed for healthcare professionals who would like to learn the skill of venipuncture.
The Phlebotomist Training aims to provide a comprehensive review of the venipuncture procedure, including equipment and supplies, safety and infection control, and specimen handling and processing. You will learn about the anatomy and physiology of the veins and the techniques required for safe and effective venipuncture for the process of blood sampling. The Phlebotomist Training course will develop all the necessary skills to perform basic and advanced venipuncture safely while minimizing the risk of preanalytical errors.
Highlights of the Phlebotomist Training:
- Gain the knowledge, skill and guideline to work as a healthcare technician specialising in phlebotomy.
- Grasp the primary job responsibilities for a certified phlebotomist and get a firm understanding of Venepuncture techniques.
- Get a comprehensive knowledge of Medical Terminology that involves drawing blood and preparing it for lab testing.
- Learn to use blood collection equipment and perform hand hygiene.
- Discover infection control and safety standards of working as a phlebotomist and how to prevent hematomas and nerve damage.
- Learn about modern diagnostic methods and the latest lab technology.
- Grasp more about precautions required to take for patients with special needs and appropriate ways to communicate with patients.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Phlebotomist Training Course and broken it down into 09 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Phlebotomist skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Phlebotomist Training is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Introduction to Phlebotomy
- What is Phlebotomy?
- Duties of the Phlebotomist
- Professional and Personal Characteristics for Phlebotomists
- Phlebotomy Education and Training
- Guidelines for Phlebotomy Practice
Module 02: Blood Circulation, Function, and Composition
- Circulation and the Vascular System
- Circulation of Blood
- Blood Vessels
- Common Veins Used for Phlebotomy
- Blood and Blood Components
Module 03: Phlebotomy Equipment
- Needles and Tubes
- Vacuum Tube System
- Vacuumed Blood-Collecting Tubes
- The Syringe System
Module 04: Routine Venipuncture
- Tourniquet Application
- Site Selection and Cleansing the Site
- Assembly of the Puncture Equipment
- Performing the Venipuncture
- Labelling the Tubes
Module 05: Venipuncture Complications and Pre-Examination Variables
- Pre-Examination Variables
- Patient Complications
- Equipment Assembly
- Examination of Puncture Equipment
- Doing Venipuncture Using a Syringe
Module 06: Dermal Puncture
- Importance of Correct Collection
- Composition of Capillary Blood
- Dermal Puncture Equipment
- Dermal Puncture Procedure
- Special Dermal Puncture
Module 07: Quality Assessment and Management in Phlebotomy
- Quality Assessment
- Procedure Manuals
- Pre-Examination Variables
- Examination Variables
Module 08: Special Blood Collection Procedure
- Newborn Screening
- Blood Cultures
- Glucose Tolerance Testing
- Bleeding Time Test
Module 09: Infection Control and Risk Management
- Infection Control
- The Patient
- The Hospital Environment
- Healthcare Workers’ Technique
- Preparing the Patient
- Needlestick Injuries
- Risk Management
- Specimen Handling and Transportation
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £39. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Phlebotomist Training course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
This Phlebotomist Training is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Phlebotomist Training is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire venepuncture skills that are necessary.
With experience you could be a senior phlebotomist and have responsibility for more complex work. You could also become a team leader or manager.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi it says on your description about numeracy and IT does that mean you need gcse or just knowledge ??
Dear Sabs, Thanks for your question. You just need a basic idea about IT. Many thanks Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what is the cost of this course?
Dear Suhana, Thanks for contacting us. Course price is £12 including the exam. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I have done level 1 of ventupunture i need to now do level 2 .I received a certificate for the 1st which was in 2017.
Dear Joanne, Thanks for contacting us. Since you have done the level one you can take our course. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.