Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 is the only guide you need to understand the fundamentals of pharmacy and establish yourself as a pharmacy assistant. You can complete this course in just 11 hours and get a professional & recognised certificate.
Designed by industry experts, our exclusive Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 15 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning.
These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5. The course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc.
Our expert instructors are availableon weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
After you successfully complete the Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 you will receive a recognisedcertificate which will fast-track your career and will showcase your expertise on this topic.
This professional certification along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials will put you ahead of the competition and will allow you to stand out from others.
Key Topics to Be Covered In This Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 Course
- The basic ideas, history and development of the pharmaceutical industry
- The fundamentals of any pharmacy team
- The pharmacy team’s training, coaching and evaluation process, with necessary elaboration on each topic
- Best practices in pharmacy, along with the rights and responsibilities of professionals in this field
- Extensive training on key clinical skills for a profession in pharmacy
- Health and safety in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prescribing and providing medication as a professional in this field
Learning Outcomes Of This Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 Course
- Learn the basics of pharmacy, as a pharmacy assistant, with the best practices
- Brush-up your knowledge (if any) of the pharmacy team
- Familiarise yourself with the many standards of pharmacy professionals and the proper guidance to support them
- Deepen your understanding of the roles, responsibilities and rights of pharmacy professionals
- Know the common and necessary pharmacy practices required to be an effective pharmacy assistant
- Learn how to offer enhanced services
- Develop mandatory clinical pharmacy skills to be a professional pharmacy assistant
- Familiarise yourself with the standard health and safety practices in the pharmaceutical industry
- Know how to prescribe and supply medication, with extensive knowledge on responding to different symptoms
Being a pharmacy professional, such as a pharmacy assistant, is a great scope to make a successful career in a promising sector. Especially for someone looking to freshly start somewhere, this field is great for kickstarting a career. But to be an efficient pharmacy assistant, you’ll need adequate training and proper guidance. This accredited Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 to be a professional pharmacy assistant will prepare you for just that.
This comprehensive training course takes all the necessary topics and divides them up into 15 extensive modules, keeping the ease of the learners in mind. You’ll be prepared to take any challenge and kickstart a career as a professional pharmacy assistant, taking your professional life to the next level. Also, the fact that this online course is a level 5 diploma increases your chance of securing a career in this field. This self-paced, comprehensive online course will enhance your existing skills related to this sector by taking them to the next level and equipping you with up-to-date skill training for taking on the challenges of tomorrow.
Skills You Will Gain From This Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 Course
- An introduction pharmacy along with its history and development
- A clear understanding of how a pharmacy team works
- Complete knowledge on the training, coaching and evaluation phases of a pharmacy team
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of the standards for pharmacy professionals and guidance to support them
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the rights and responsibilities of a pharmacy professional
- Enhance your expertise in clinical pharmacy skills
- Excellent understanding of how to prescribe and supply medication
- Learn how to respond to different symptoms
- Lean the necessary health and safety standards in the pharmaceutical industry
Course Curriculum of This Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 Course:
Module 01: Introduction to Pharmacy
- What is a Profession?
- The Business of Pharmacy
- Types of Pharmacy
Module 02: History and Development of Pharmacy
- The Origins of Pharmacy
- The Organisation of Pharmacy
- The Professionalisation of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy in The National Health Service
Module 03: The Pharmacy Team
- Pharmacy Support Team
- Medicine Counter Assistants
- Dispensing/Pharmacy Assistants
- Pharmacy Technician
Module 04: Training of the Pharmacy Team
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Methods in the Pharmacy
- On-the-Job Training
- Off-the-Job Training
- Making a Presentation
- Using Role-Play
Module 05: Coaching and Evaluation of the Pharmacy Team
- Coaching Skills
- Establish the Goal
- Examine Current Reality
- Explore the Options
- Establish the Will
- Evaluation of Training
- Levels of Training Evaluation
Module 06: Standards for Pharmacy Professionals
- The Importance of Having Standards
- The Standards of Pharmacy Students and Trainees
- Applying the Standards
- The Nine Standards
- Person-Centred Care
- Work in Partnership
- Communicate Effectively
- Maintain, Develop and Use Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Use Professional Judgement
- Behave in a Professional Manner
- Respect and Maintain a Person’s Confidentiality and Privacy
- Speak Up
- Demonstrate Leadership
Module 07: Guidance to Support the Standards for Pharmacy Professionals
Section 1: Guidance on Religion, Personal Values and Beliefs
- The Legal Framework
- Religion, Personal Values and Beliefs in Pharmacy
- Factors to Consider
- Questions to Ask Yourself
- Employers and Pharmacy Professionals Working Together
Section 2: Guidance on Consent
- What is Consent?
- Types of Consent
- Obtaining Consent
- What is Capacity
- Assessing Capacity
- Young People and Children
- Advance Decisions and Emergencies
Section 3: Guidance on Confidentiality
- Introduction to Confidentiality
- Duty of Confidentiality
- Protecting Information
- Disclosing Confidential Information
- Disclosing Information with Consent
- Disclosing Information without Consent
- Disclosures Required by Law
- Disclosures Made in the Public Interest
Section 4: Guidance on Raising Concerns
- The Importance of Raising Concerns
- How to Raise a Concern
- The Law
- Where to Go for More Advice
- Other Sources of Information
Module 08: The Rights and Responsibilities of Pharmacy Professionals
- Introduction to ERR
- Laws That Protect You at Work
- Workplace Regulations
- The Law: Relevant Legislation
- Laws That Protect You and the People
- Terms and Conditions of Your Employment
- Equal and Fair Treatment Regulations
- Getting Information and Advice About your Rights and Responsibilities
Module 09: Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- Medicines Optimisation
- Pharmaceutical Consultation
- Clinical Pharmacy Functions and Knowledge
Module 10: Clinical Pharmacy Skills
- Core Elements of Pharmaceutical Care
- Guidelines for Prescription Endorsement of Hospital or Institutional Drug Charts
Module 11: Offering Enhanced Services
- Commissioning of Services
- Support for Care Homes
Module 12: Prescribing
- Rational and Effective Prescribing
- Pharmacists as Prescribers and the Legal Framework
Module 13: Supplying Medication
- Dispensary Design and Workflow
- Patient Medication Records
Module 14: Responding to Symptoms
- Responding to Symptoms in the Pharmacy
- Presentation of Symptoms
Module 15: Health and Safety in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Basic Laboratory Safety
- Health and Safety in the Pharmacy
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Pharmacy Professional Training - Level 5 for You
This course is right for anyone who wishes to gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of what it means to be a pharmacy assistant, how to be one in the real-life, and fast track their career with relevant high-valued skills. There are no specific entry requirements for this course and the learner has the freedom to choose between studying this course on a part-time or full-time basis.
On successful completion of this level 5 diploma training course, you will have a clear understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the role of a pharmacy assistant along with necessary clinical skills.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can I do this course please I just finished on U.K. level 2 math and English and I have bachelor degree business administration from my home country.
Hi Hk, Thank you very much for your query. The course is open to all and there is no formal qualification or any previous experience needed. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What is the timeline for completion? Is early completion possible?
Hi Bachir, Thank you very much for your query. The total course duration is 11 hours if you wish to complete it at one sitting, however, after purchasing, you will get one-year access to the course, and you can complete it anytime within a year. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.