Get an incredible learning opportunity just for £105 containing Level 3+4+5 Diploma courses, printed ABC endorsed certificate, tutor support and assessment worth £1749. No hidden fees, simply enrol to this amazing bundle course and save £1644, get 12 months access to high quality and self-paced Certified Health Coach diploma courses. Cherry on top, you will get premium 3 CPD courses for FREE that will add even more to your skill sets!
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Level 3
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Level 4
- Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Level 5
- ABC awards endorsed certification for Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
- Transcript containing all units of level 3, 4 and 5
- 3 Additional Premium CPD Courses:
- Medical and Pharmacy Maths
- Functional Maths Training Course
- Effective Communication Skills
Local and High-Street Chemist stores or Pharmacies still provide an essential lifeline in many communities and ensure the well-being of those who need regular prescriptions and medication. Pharmacies in supermarkets and shopping centres, also provide an invaluable service. To work in a Pharmacy is to be given a position of trust and authority and could lead to a long-serving career in healthcare or medicine. If this sounds like a profession that you want to be part off, we can help you take those first steps towards it. You can learn the skills and abilities needed by enrolling in this comprehensive Pharmacy Assistant combined course. This training program is endorsed by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that ensures professional and reputable certification which will give you a distinct advantage when looking for comparable positions in the healthcare sector.
Once you start this course, you’ll be shown the business model for a Pharmacy and taught the infrastructure that exists and the necessary skills that you’ll need. The expected level of etiquette and customer service is covered, and you’ll also be given guidance on the legal responsibilities that you’ll hold, as well as confidentiality adherences. The course also describes the principal diagnoses that you’ll be expected to perform, as well as the office administration, prescription work, and Health & Safety protocols that you’ll need to follow. By working through the natural learning curve and online lessons, the roles and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Assistant will become very clear to you and enable you to make a great start in this profession.
This program is aimed at those individuals who have a genuine interest in starting a career in pharmaceutical work and are initially looking towards procuring a role in a Pharmacy, working as an assistant or dispenser. This makes for an ideal first step for an ongoing career in the medical profession, so learners may be thinking of more advanced roles in their future career path. You will earn a valid certificate evidencing your proven abilities with roles and responsibilities associated with medicine and healthcare, marking another vital addition to your personal CV.
Pharmacy Assistant Level 3
The Pharmacy Assistant Level 3 course defines the role and infrastructure that exists in a pharmacy and covers a short history of the profession.
Some of the key topics you will learn in this course are:
- Defining the role of a pharmacy
- Where a pharmacy and chemist reside in the NHS structure
- The history and origin of pharmacists
- The workers that make up the members of a Pharmacy team
- The training that is needed prior to starting work at the pharmacy counter
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the Pharmacy team
- How to evaluate the performance of colleagues in the team
- The standards that govern pharmacy employee’s behaviour
- How to communicate effectively in the store
- Respecting a customer’s confidentiality and privacy
This is an introductory course that presents the first standards and history of the pharmacy profession and prepares the learner for their responsibilities as an assistant.
Pharmacy Assistant Level 4
The Pharmacy Assistant Level 4 course proves in-depth guidance for any challenges for may arise in the profession and points towards the need for high standards and excellent customer service.
Some of the key topics you will learn in this course are:
- The legal regulations that exist in a pharmacy
- Issues that may arise regarding religion or personal beliefs
- Understanding the concept of consent as regards prescriptions and medication
- Assessing the veracity of a customer prior to dispensing medication
- Handling confidentiality with a customer
- Officially raising concerns if you feel there is a cause to do so
- The workplace regulations that protect you from abuse and harm
- Operating in the pharmacy as a first-line consultant
- Keeping accurate medical records and rectifying mistakes
- Dealing with conflict, aggression, or sensitive circumstance
This course is ideal for those individuals who are just starting a career in the pharmaceutical industry and want to learn the nuances of service and how they stand legally during specific situations.
Pharmacy Assistant Level 5
The Pharmacy Assistant Level 5 course describes the other services that a pharmacy can supply in addition to medication dispensation and advice.
Some of the key topics you will learn in this course are:
- Supporting care homes and local healthcare facilities
- Supplying advice and treatments for minor ailments
- Prescribing medication in a responsible manner
- The workflow model that exists in a dispensary
- How to deal with dispensing errors
- Managing customer complaints
- Responding to personal requests for advice
- Performing an accurate interim diagnosis
- Following health and safety protocols in the dispensary or laboratory
- Possible occupational hazards in a pharmacy environment
This course is designed to complete the learning curve and training for any individual who wishes to work in a pharmacy or laboratory or is looking to follow-up a career in healthcare.
Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Level 3
Module 01: Introduction to Pharmacy
- What is a Profession?
- The Business of Pharmacy
- Types of Pharmacy
Module 02: History and Development of Pharmacy
- The Origins of Pharmacy
- The Organisation of Pharmacy
Module 03: The Pharmacy Team
- Pharmacy Support Team
- Medicine Counter Assistants
Module 04: Training of the Pharmacy Team
- Training Needs Analysis
- Training Methods in the Pharmacy
- On-the-Job Training
Module 05: Coaching and Evaluation of the Pharmacy Team
- Coaching Skills
- Establish the Goal
- Examine Current Reality
Module 06: Standards for Pharmacy Professionals
- The Importance of Having Standards
- The Standards of Pharmacy Students and Trainees
- Applying the Standards
- The Nine Standards
Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Level 4
Module 07: Guidance to Support the Standards for Pharmacy Professionals
Section 1: Guidance on Religion, Personal Values and Beliefs
- The Legal Framework
- Religion, Personal Values and Beliefs in Pharmacy
- Factors to Consider
- Questions to Ask Yourself
- Employers and Pharmacy Professionals Working Together
Section 2: Guidance on Consent
- What is Consent?
- Types of Consent
- Obtaining Consent
- What is Capacity
- Assessing Capacity
Section 3: Guidance on Confidentiality
- Introduction to Confidentiality
- Duty of Confidentiality
- Protecting Information
- Disclosing Confidential Information
- Disclosing Information with Consent
Section 4: Guidance on Raising Concerns
- The Importance of Raising Concerns
- How to Raise a Concern
- The Law
- Where to Go for More Advice
- Other Sources of Information
Module 08: The Rights and Responsibilities of Pharmacy Professionals
- Introduction to ERR
- Laws That Protect You at Work
- Workplace Regulations
- The Law: Relevant Legislation
Module 09: Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- Medicines Optimisation
- Pharmaceutical Consultation
Module 10: Clinical Pharmacy Skills
- Core Elements of Pharmaceutical Care
- Guidelines for Prescription Endorsement of Hospital or Institutional Drug Charts
- Prescription Screening and Monitoring
Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Level 5
Module 11: Offering Enhanced Services
- Commissioning of Services
- Support for Care Homes
- Smoking-Cessation Services
Module 12: Prescribing
- Rational and Effective Prescribing
- Pharmacists as Prescribers and the Legal Framework
Module 13: Supplying Medication
- Dispensary Design and Workflow
- Patient Medication Records
- Accredited Checking Technician
Module 14: Responding to Symptoms
- Responding to Symptoms in the Pharmacy
- Presentation of Symptoms
- Making a Differential Diagnosis
Module 15: Health and Safety in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Basic Laboratory Safety
- Health and Safety in the Pharmacy
- Health and Safety Management in Healthcare
Euston College is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Course Gate. This course has been designed by Course Gate to meet the needs of learners and employers that cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. It has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme, which means that Course Gate has conducted an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses provided meet specific criteria.
An ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement ensures high standards of competency through thorough and meticulous quality audits carried out by certified external auditors. Course reviews are included in the endorsement process. Completion of this course does not ensure a regulated qualification but may be used as a certificate of recognition of skills gained.
The Learner Unit Summary may be used as proof of Prior Learning if you intend to continue your studies in this field. The learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3,4 and 5 in line with level descriptors published by Ofqual, which is an international guideline to indicate the level of learning and demand required to successfully complete this course.
Assessment and Certification
To make the evaluation process much more convenient for you, we’ve added the feature of automatic assessment. After you finish each module, you’ll participate in an online MCQ test. Each test will be marked instantly, and you’ll receive the result immediately as well. The passing score on each test is 60%.
After successfully passing all the exams, you will be eligible to claim a professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards without any cost. Your certificate will be issued by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that makes you stand out in the global marketplace.
Who is this course for?
This fully endorsed Pharmacy Assistant course is ideal for anybody looking to work in a pharmaceutical environment, and whilst it is aimed primarily at those who aspire to the role of pharmacy assistant or pharmacist, it will be beneficial for anybody interested in a career in healthcare. The online teaching modules provide long-distance learning, with a supported virtual classroom experience, where you can study at your own pace. This will give a proven advantage when applying for a position in the health or healthcare industry.
This Pharmacy Assistant course provides a great way to gain the skills needed to support or run a dispensing Pharmacy or Chemist Store. Types of career and roles that would suit this course include those of:
- Pharmacy Counter Assistant
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Dispenser
- Pharmacy Technician
- Clinical Pharmacist
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What means Mqc based, would I have to go somewhere, can you detail a bit more
Dear lefterica, Good morning. The entire exam will be held online, and exam questions will be Multiple Choices and True/False. You can take the exam at a convenient time, and you don't need to go somewhere to take the exam. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.