This Pharmacy Assistant course will introduce you to multiple aspects of the pharmacy sector.
The ten modules will stimulate your interest in the field of pharmacy. Every aspiring pharmacy assistant can develop his or her personal niche and will have early opportunities to improve their efficacy and competence in the field.
Pharmacy is a unique and enterprising field and you can look forward to enjoying a meaningful and exciting career. The role of a pharmacy is a crucial one and it contributes to the healthcare system in several valuable ways. As an assistant pharmacist, you will enjoy opportunities to interact with patients and dispense medications in line with prescriptions issued by a certified health professional. You will also be in charge of managing stocks, advising patients on dosage regimes, benefits and side-effects of medication and so on.
This course is designed to give you a solid foundation on which you can begin your career as a pharmacy assistant. It will explain work environments, salaries and career advancement, and learning about these topics will help you make an informed career decision.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
What you will learn
The course covers these key areas in details, plus much more:
- An introduction to the field of pharmacy and how it plays a pivotal role in the UK’s healthcare system.
- As an assistant, you will be working together with a pharmacy team. You will learn all about the different members of the team.
- How to develop your customer service skills.
- Checking and management of stocks in a pharmacy: Pharmacy assistants are often in charge of tracking and managing stocks in a pharmacy.
- The role of a pharmacy assistant: You will be expected to execute multiple tasks and responsibilities, including management of prescriptions, dispensation of medication, interacting with customers and ordering supplies.
- Regulations, health and safety in a pharmacy: There are certain standards of health and safety that are governed by regulations which you will need to follow.
- Prescriptions: You will learn how to read and interpret prescriptions and how to avoid mistakes. The course also covers risk assessment and error prevention.
- You will learn how to report problems and issues to the pharmacist.
Benefits of the Pharmacy Assistant Diploma
Any student who enrols on this course will find the following features beneficial:
- The ability to study from any location as long as you have an internet connection.
- The ability to work at a pace that is comfortable for the individual student. The course doesn’t impose time limits, so the student can take days, weeks or months to successfully complete the course.
- The option to study from any internet connected device, including a laptop, PC or mobile phone.
- Course modules that are easy to manage, making the entire process enjoyable.
- Continued support to help enhance your training.
- Ability to access a full syllabus to help you stay on track.
- Enhance your job application by adding the skill to your resume.
- Pass the test and receive a certified diploma.
- Affordable tuition costs.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant
- Module 2: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant The Pharmacy Team and Practices (Part I)
- Module 3: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant The Pharmacy Team and Practices (Part II)
- Module 4: How to become a Pharmacy Assistant Communication in Pharmacy Settings
- Module 5: Pharmacy Assistant Patient Counselling Guide
- Module 6 : Job Role and Responsibilities and Patient Record Maintenance in a Pharmacy
- Module 7 : Fundamentals of Prescription and Drug Dispensation
- Module 8 : Different Dispensing Methods, Electronic Prescription Service, How to Minimise Dispensation Errors
- Module 9 : Stock Management in Pharmacies
- Module 10 : Health and Safety Risks Assessment and Pharmaceutical Terminology
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Will the certificate help in applying for Pharmacy Technician course without the necessary experience
It covers what you need to know to become a Pharmacy Assistant but we are not qualified to to comment whether it will he;p you secure a place on a Pharmacy Technicians course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is the certificate eligible for submission if looking for a job of a pharmacy assistant or pharmacy technician overseas? Thank you.
It will definitely help. But it is not an internationally recognised qualification.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Crystel Rea asked:
Can I find a job with that certificate
Yes, it can help you secure a job in a pharmacy as a pharmacy assistant.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I buy a professional diploma once I have completed the course as I think that this will present better to interviewers than just a printed one?
You can print one out and have it laminated as many students do, but we do not provide that service.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
On average how long is somebody take to complete the course,I’am Filipino citizen but currently I’m working in Saudi Arabia.
You get 12 months access to the course but we estimate that the course will take approx 15 hours to complete. You can take the course from anywhere you have internet access. We have students worldwide.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I’ve applied for job in s pharmacy but I haven’t done one ov these courses would I not be able to doa pharmacy job with out or could I do it working
Sorry, you will need to contact the employer. It all depends on the experience and qualifications they are looking for.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what is the job prospects ?and how much is the job market? also can get a job after completing the course.
The course covers the necessary skills required to help you get into the field but we are not qualified to provide any specific career advice.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
sandra irvine asked:
why is the course so expensive?
The price is only £59 which is very competitive. Have you seen it cheaper elsewhere?This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Cute Dimple03 asked:
Can I use this certificate to apply in Australia
This is a CPD certified (UK) diploma which is 100% online self-study. The CPD certification is essentially UK based - but can be verified online by an employer. CPD (Continuing Professional Development) is a worldwide concept, but there is no 'worldwide' certification for this type of thing. It's an introductory program - really designed to help get you an interview in a market that doesn't have a required certification (in the UK).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Cute Dimple03 asked:
I’m a Filipino citizen and I’m working in Saudi Arabia.can I take this course?and can I use this certificate to apply in uk or in Australia?
This is a CPD certified (UK) diploma which is 100% online self-study. It's designed for anyone with an interest in entering this field and is complete 100% online - via your web-browser. The CPD certification is essentially UK based - but can be verified online.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there any additional cost?or certification process
You get a CPD Certified Certificate of Completion at the end of the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
When we recieve the certificate will it list all the modules that I have done.
It will not list the individual modules. It will only confirm, your name, course completed, date of completion and our CPD certified logo & company details.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can i register with GPHC with this course and who is awarding body?
It is not a GPHC course but it is a CPD Accredited Course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do you run courses for Pharmacovigilance entry levels?
Sorry, we don't. Please contact us if we can be of assistance.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
what would the salary be and would it benefit someone who's been in the care industry for 36 years and have done the boots medication course
Sorry, we're not qualified to give advice on salaries.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I have to already be working in a Pharmacy to be able to do this course?
No, there are no pre-requistes to taking this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I get funding for this course if I am on Universal Credit ?
Sorry, we do not accept Universal Credits.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Fareena Aamir asked:
Can i enrole my self for this course without working in pharmacy
Yes,you can enroll, there are no prerequisites for enrolling on this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there an age limit for this course?
No, there is no age limit specified by the instructor.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.