Add to basket or enquire
Take the first step on your training journey to becoming a Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician with the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician online training course. This comprehensive course is designed to provide you with the professional skills you need to succeed.
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician training course looks at every aspect you need to become a qualified Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician. From the typical job roles you will complete every day to building strong relationships with your customers, and even dealing with perscriptions and dispensing medicine, this Pharmacy Assistant and Technician training course teaches you everything you need to know.
This comprehensive Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course is a quality training course accredited by CPD, with 10 CPD points available to students without any further study. The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician training course bundle is made up of 10 detailed modules, each focussing on the knowledge, skills and experience you need to become a successful Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician. This course can be completed in as little 3 hours, though you are free to study at your own pace.
Janets is one of the top online training providers in the UK and aims to provide every student with a top-quality education. With the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course, you can learn the skills you need to succeed as a qualified Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician.
What You Will Learn From the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician Course:
- Gain an in-depth introduction to the roles and responsibilities of a Pharmacy Assistant and a Pharmacy Technician
- Discover the key skills and personal characteristics your need to succeed as a Pharmacy Assistant or a Pharmacy Technician
- Discover the different places you can work as a Pharmacy Technician such as hospitals, community settings, primary care settings, and GP surgeries
- Build your communication skills so you can interact professionally with customers
- Gain an understanding of the wider pharmacy team and practises
- Learn about prescriptions and dispensing in pharmacies
- Understand the importance of inventory control and management
- Learn about the health and safety issues you could face as a Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician
What You Get Out Of Studying a Pharmacy Assistant and a Pharmacy Technician With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course
- Full one-year access to Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course materials
- Instant assessment results
- No hidden fees with the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course at your own pace
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Complete understanding of Pharmacy Assistant and Technician training course
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Study Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential by completing the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician training course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. Access the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course content from any internet-enabled device whenever or wherever you want to. The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
**Pharmacy Assistant and Technician**
Module 1: Introduction to Pharmacy Assistant and Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Job Role of Pharmacy Assistant
- Skills and personal characteristics
- Pharmacy Technician
- Working Fields of Pharmacy Technician
- Becoming a Pharmacy Technician
- UK Status
- Pay and Opportunities
Module 2: Job Role of Pharmacy Technicians
- Hospital Pharmacy Technicians
- Community Pharmacy Technicians
- Primary Care Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Technician Working in a General Practice
Module 3: Pharmacy Assistant Patient Counselling Guide
- Pharmacy Assistant’s Detailed Guide to Patient Counselling
- Developing Self-awareness
- Barriers to Effective Patient Counselling Communication
- Tips to improve Communication in Pharmacies
- Communication with Special Patients
- Ethical Principles and Decision-making in Patient Counselling
Module 4: Communication in Pharmacy Settings
- Importance of Communication Skills in Pharmacies
- Patient-Centred Communication Practices in Community Pharmacies
- Desirable traits
- Counselling Skills to enhance Communication
- Empathetic counselling abilities
- Communication with other Healthcare Professionals
Module 5: The Pharmacy Team and Practices
- Self-Care Choices Amongst Patients
- Self-Medication Practices and Role Of Pharmacy Team
- Code Of Ethics for Pharmacy Team Workers
- The Seven Principles
- Vision for the Future
- The Pharmacy Team
Module 6: Prescription and Dispensing in Pharmacies
- Common Abbreviations
- The Dispensing Cycle
- Receiving and Validating Prescriptions
- Interpreting and Understanding the Prescription
- Clean and Hygienic Environment
- Preparing and Labelling Items for Issue
- Final Check
Module 7: Dispensing Methods, EPS, Minimising Dispensing Errors in Pharmacies
- Types of Dispensing Services
- Monitored Dose Dispensing
- Electronic Prescription Service(EPS)
- Retrieve a Lost Electronic Prescription
- Dispensation Errors and Minimising Them
Module 8: Inventory Control and Management in Pharmacies
- Stock Management in Pharmacies
- Inventory management
- Important Factors that influence Inventory Management
- Inventory Terminology with regard to Pharmacy Products
- Order Pharmaceutical Supplies and Products
- Order Medications to Maintain Stocks
- Receiving Stocks
- Process Outdated or Expired Medications
Module 9: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Standard Operating Procedure
- Importance of Standard Operating Procedure
- Standard Operating Procedures in practice
- Examples of Standard Operating Procedure
Module 10: Health and Safety Risks Assessment and Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Basic Pharmacy Terminology
- Identification of Drug Names: Generic/Brand Names of Drugs
- Health and Safety Guidelines in Pharmacies
- The HSE Guidelines for Pharmacy Health and Safety
- Regulations Set Out for Pharmacies Operating in the UK
- Working in a Retail Pharmacy versus Working in a Hospital Pharmacy
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above to pass the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course. After successfully passing the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course exam, you will be able to apply for a CPD-accredited certificate as proof of your Pharmacy Assistant and Technician expertise.
All students who successfully complete the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Who is this course for?
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician is ideal for those who already work in this sector or are an aspiring professional. This Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course is designed to enhance your expertise and boost your CV. Learn key skills and gain a professional qualification to prove your newly-acquired knowledge.
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements. To study the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course, all your need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of English, numeracy, and IT skills. You must also be over the age of 16.
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician is ideal for anyone who wants to pursue their dream career in a relevant industry. Learn the skills you need to boost your CV and go after the job you want. Complete the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician and gain an industry-recognised qualification that will help you excel in finding your ideal job.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, I recently graduated HND pharmacy Technology and I want to know if i can take this course. Also is the €10 course fee is one time for the year?
Hi Maxwell, Good morning. The course is open to all from all academic backgrounds, and there are no specific requirements to attend this course. Yes, this is a one-time upfront payment for the course. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What's the assessment method for this Pharmacy Assistant and Technician Course?
Hi Bozlol, Good Morning. You will have a mock and the final exam at the end of the Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course. The whole exam is going to be held online. Exam questions will be Multiple Choices and True/False. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can I take this Pharmacy Assistant and Technician without any prior knowledge?
Hi Akira, Good Morning. The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn about the topic. You will learn everything that is required from this course directly. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.