Add to basket or enquire
The Pharmacy Assistant and Technician is a wonderful learning opportunity for anyone who has a passion for this topic and is interested in enjoying a long career in the relevant industry. It’s also for anyone who is already working in this field and looking to brush up their knowledge and boost their career with a recognised certification.
This Pharmacy Assistant and Technician consists of several modules that take around 3 hours to complete. The course is accompanied by instructional videos, helpful illustrations, how-to instructions and advice.
The course is offered online at a very affordable price. That gives you the ability to study at your own pace in the comfort of your home. You can access the modules from anywhere and from any device.
Why choose this course
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Full Tutor Support on Weekdays
The course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
********** Course Modules***********
**Pharmacy Assistant and Technician**
Module 1: Introduction to Pharmacy Assistant and Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Job Role of Pharmacy Assistant
- Skills and personal characteristics
- Pharmacy Technician
- Working Fields of Pharmacy Technician
- Becoming a Pharmacy Technician
- UK Status
- Pay and Opportunities
Module 2: Job Role of Pharmacy Technicians
- Hospital Pharmacy Technicians
- Community Pharmacy Technicians
- Primary Care Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Technician Working in a General Practice
Module 3: Pharmacy Assistant Patient Counselling Guide
- Pharmacy Assistant’s Detailed Guide to Patient Counselling
- Developing Self-awareness
- Barriers to Effective Patient Counselling Communication
- Tips to improve Communication in Pharmacies
- Communication with Special Patients
- Ethical Principles and Decision-making in Patient Counselling
Module 4: Communication in Pharmacy Settings
- Importance of Communication Skills in Pharmacies
- Patient-Centred Communication Practices in Community Pharmacies
- Desirable traits
- Counselling Skills to enhance Communication
- Empathetic counselling abilities
- Communication with other Healthcare Professionals
Module 5: The Pharmacy Team and Practices
- Self-Care Choices Amongst Patients
- Self-Medication Practices and Role Of Pharmacy Team
- Code Of Ethics for Pharmacy Team Workers
- The Seven Principles
- Vision for the Future
- The Pharmacy Team
Module 6: Prescription and Dispensing in Pharmacies
- Common Abbreviations
- The Dispensing Cycle
- Receiving and Validating Prescriptions
- Interpreting and Understanding the Prescription
- Clean and Hygienic Environment
- Preparing and Labelling Items for Issue
- Final Check
Module 7: Dispensing Methods, EPS, Minimising Dispensing Errors in Pharmacies
- Types of Dispensing Services
- Monitored Dose Dispensing
- Electronic Prescription Service(EPS)
- Retrieve a Lost Electronic Prescription
- Dispensation Errors and Minimising Them
Module 8: Inventory Control and Management in Pharmacies
- Stock Management in Pharmacies
- Inventory management
- Important Factors that influence Inventory Management
- Inventory Terminology with regard to Pharmacy Products
- Order Pharmaceutical Supplies and Products
- Order Medications to Maintain Stocks
- Receiving Stocks
- Process Outdated or Expired Medications
Module 9: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Standard Operating Procedure
- Importance of Standard Operating Procedure
- Standard Operating Procedures in practice
- Examples of Standard Operating Procedure
Module 10: Health and Safety Risks Assessment and Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Basic Pharmacy Terminology
- Identification of Drug Names: Generic/Brand Names of Drugs
- Health and Safety Guidelines in Pharmacies
- The HSE Guidelines for Pharmacy Health and Safety
- Regulations Set Out for Pharmacies Operating in the UK
- Working in a Retail Pharmacy versus Working in a Hospital Pharmacy
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99.
Who is this course for?
Whether you're an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Pharmacy Assistant and Technician course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and a professional qualification attesting to your knowledge.
Pharmacy Assistant and Technician is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, I recently graduated HND pharmacy Technology and I want to know if i can take this course. Also is the €10 course fee is one time for the year?
Hi Maxwell, Good morning. The course is open to all from all academic backgrounds, and there are no specific requirements to attend this course. Yes, this is a one-time upfront payment for the course. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.