Add to basket or enquire
Are you passionate about dogs? Do animals tend to gravitate towards you? If it’s your dream to work with animals, then you may want to consider the Pet Sitter and Dog Handler Training - Level 3 course. This course is ideal for those who are interested in pet sitting and dog walking, and want to learn more about general pet care.
This course will walk you through the best practices of caring for common household pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, fish and lizards. You will also get expert advice on setting up a pet sitting or dog walking business. You will learn how to look after their nutrition, cater to their needs and even treat common wounds with our in-depth introduction to pet first aid.
- Explore the skills and qualities required to be a pet sitter
- Gain an understanding of pet sitting safety rules
- Familiarise with the role and responsibilities of a dog walker
- Understand the nutritional requirements for a dog
- Get tips and advice for caring for rabbits, guinea pigs, fish, reptiles and turtles
- Have the skills and knowledge to set up your own pet sitting or dog walking business
- Learn how to effectively manage your time for pet sitting duties
- Understand the basics of pet first aid and how to put together a first aid kit
What will you learn in this Pet Sitter and Dog Handler Training - Level 3
Introduction to Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
- Introduction to Pet Sitting
- The Importance of Safety
- Dog Walking
Service and Responsibilities
- Pre-Service Visit
- Forms and Record Keeping
- Pet Sitting Duties & Time Allocation
Importance of Safety
- The Importance of Securing Animals During Transport
- What kind of food will you choose for your pets?
- Preventing your pet from high temperature in warm hot months
Food and Nutrition
- Nutrients to Supply Pets with Food Made at Homes
- Tips to Make Excellent Quality Food
- Classification of Fish
- The Process of Caring for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
- Reptiles, lizards and turtles
- Birds Care
- Understanding Pets Ailments and Symptoms
- Emergency Care
Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business
- Setting up your Pet Sitting and Dog Walking business
- Marketing Strategies
- Pricing & Costs
Method of Assessment:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit for an online multiple-choice quiz based assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course (60% pass mark). The test will be marked immediately and results will be published instantly.
After successfully completing the course, you will be able to obtain the certificates. You can claim a PDF certificate by paying a little processing fee of £2. There is an additional fee to obtain a hardcopy certificate which is £9.
Who is this course for?
Pet Sitter and Dog Handler Training - Level 3 Course is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field.
Our Pet Sitter and Dog Handler Training - Level 3 Course is open to all from all academic backgrounds and there is no specific requirements to attend this course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.