Next Learn Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Pet First Aid Practices
Learning what to do when a pet is sick or ill is a perfect opportunity to save and make a difference to a family pet. This knowledge filled course is intended for anyone who wants to know what to do in the case of a pet emergency, how to treat the situation and how to stay calm to protect the pet before they receive the medical treatment they need. Our comprehensive Pet First Aid course offers critical skills and know-how for pet owners, students and practitioners to manage emergency situations.
This Pet First Aid Practices course was developed by professionals in the animal care industry who will take you through intensive preparation, discussing basic topics such as: how to take charge in situations of first aid, how to prioritise situations of first aid, how to establish techniques of first aid and best practices. By the end of this course, all students will gain the knowledge and confidence to administer first aid to an animal.
Why You Should Learn at Next Learn Academy?
Online learning is flexible, convenient and gives you the opportunity to balance life's other commitments with higher education. Next Learn Academy offers an extensive range of online courses with a variety of rich material and resources that will let you connect to peers and expert tutors and build on your skills and knowledge. Next Learn Academy is a reliable online provider with a strong reputation and its meticulously designed courses to help you kick-start your professional journey in the best possible way.
- 1: Introduction To Pet First Aid - Pet First Aid Practices 06:00
- 2: First Aid Practices - Pet First Aid Practices 07:00
- 3: Taking Control In A First Aid Situation - Pet First Aid Practices 10:00
- 4: Prioritise The Problems And First Aid Practices - Pet First Aid Practices 05:00
- 5: Various Pet First Aid Techniques - Pet First Aid Practices 14:00
- 6: Best First Aid Practices For Your Pet - Pet First Aid Practices 34:00
- 7: Mock Exam 09:00
- 8: Final Exam 09:00
What Will I Learn?
Module 01: Introduction to Pet First Aid
- First Aid Equipment
- First Aid Kit Essentials
- Register with a Vet
- Dog Walkers: Planning Ahead
- Be Vet Ready
Module 02: First Aid Practices
- Practical First Aid Experience
- Safe Use of Medications
- Speak to a Vet
- Safe Medications for Pets
- Medications Suitable for DOGS
- The Safe Way to Make your Pet Vomit
- Safe Home Emesis (Inducing Sickness)
- What NOT to Give
Module 03: Taking Control in a First Aid Situation
- Minor problems vs Emergencies
- Assessing the patient
- Heart rate, pulse, and circulation
- Signs of shock
Module 04: Prioritise the Problems and First Aid Practices
- Safe handling of patients in pain
- Move out of harm’s way + stabilization
- Call for Help
Module 05: Varies Pet First Aid Techniques
- Treating Shock
- Signs of Shock
- What is Shock
- Treating Shock
- Controlling blood loss
- Applying Pressure to a Wound
- Cleaning wounds
- Cleaning Bite Wounds or Minor Injuries
- Basic nursing
- Bandaging materials
- Bandaging techniques
- Improvised dressings
Module 06: Best First Aid Practices for your Pet
- First Aid Action
- Allergic Reaction
- Anaphylaxis (Severe Allergic Reaction)
- Asthma Attack
- Back Pain (See: Neck Pain)
- Breathing Difficulties
- Broken Bones [See: Fractures]
- Broken Nail Or Claw
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Cardiac Arrest
- Chocolate Toxicity
- Collapse (Patient Conscious)
- Collapse (Patient Unconscious)
- Diabetic Coma
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course, learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions assessment test is marked automatically so that you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon the successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the Advanced Certificate in Pet First Aid Practices - Level 2 certificate by CPD. You will receive a FREE E-certificate (PDF format) and a Printed Certificate absolutely FREE, with an applicable delivery fee upon completing the course.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
CPD is an internationally recognised accrediting body that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in an enterprise.
- High-quality e-learning study materials.
- Tutorials/materials from industry-leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Certification
Who is this course for?
- Pet owners
- Pet professionals
Learners should be over the age of 16, and have a basic understanding of English and ICT
A sound educational background is recommended
Once you successfully complete this course you can apply for any prestigious position which offers you a lucrative salary. Furthermore it helps you to pursue further education on the subject and gain more experience in the field.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.