Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The personal safety for lone workers training course is designed to equip you with the skills and practical knowledge to deal with difficult customer behaviour and avoid challenging situations when working alone. It applies to professionals from all industries, from social workers to petrol station assistants.
Did you know that approximately 64% of the UK workforce regard themselves as lone workers? Lone work simply means working in an environment where you are alone with a customer, visitor or member of the public. It also includes those who work remotely.
Working alone means that you are more likely to face situations where your safety may be compromised, which is why it is fundamental to be prepared and well-educated on the measures that must be taken to avoid challenging scenarios.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the potential risks associated with working alone
- Understand the legal responsibilities of both employers and employees in regards to working alone
- Follow necessary precautions when working alone to minimise the risks of working alone
- Comply with the guidelines of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Diffuse a situation and deal with difficult customers politely and professionally
- Understand the rules regarding personal safety and gain practical planning skills to prepare for potentially difficult situations
Key Features of Introduction to Personal Safety for Lone Workers Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Level 2 Certificate Personal Safety for Lone Workers
Module One: Lone Worker Personal Safety: The Basics
In module one, we will develop our understanding of the importance of personal safety in minimising the dangers of working alone.
Module Two: The Law: Responsibilities
In module two, we will explore the legal guidelines and responsibilities of both employers and employees concerning working alone.
Module Three: Assessing the Risks
In module three, we will learn through case studies how to assess the risks of working alone and evaluate whether a particular environment is safe to work.
Module Four: Personal Safety Solutions
In module four, we will take a look at some practical solutions for protecting our wellbeing while working alone, covering fundamental workplace safety measures.
Module Five: Practical Tips to Avoid Conflict
In module five, we will explore a range of conflict avoidance strategies for dealing with difficult customers and challenging scenarios while working alone.
Module Six: Reporting and Recording Incidents
In module six, we will take a look at the process of reporting and recording incidents that occurred while working alone.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for professionals whose work often involves being alone with customers and members of the public, such as:
- Community Carers
- Night Time Petrol Station Assistants
- Retail Assistants
- District Nurses
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.