Add to basket or enquire
Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals
It is important that for any individual working in children’s and young people’s setting to evaluate their own personal development aspirations and competencies. Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course is designed for individuals operating in health and social care settings to acquire the skills and knowledge to promote their own personal development.
Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course will discuss key modules such as how to engage in the personal development in health, social care and children’s and young people’s settings, principles of personal development, adopt reflective practices, evaluate your own practice, design a personal development plan and know what is required to be competent in your work role.
Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course will give individuals an increased understanding on how to perform their work role competently, reflect and evaluate their own practice and make the best use of their learning opportunities.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA /Qualification Wales
What Will I Learn?
- Know the best practices to be competent in your work role.
- Learn how to reflect on your own practice.
- Learn how to evaluate your own practice.
- Learn how to design a personal development plan.
- Learn how to make the best use of learning opportunities.
- Learn how to develop your own practice.
Course Curriculum : Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals
- Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role
- Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards
- Explain the importance of reflective practice in continuously improving the quality of service provided
- Demonstrate the ability to reflect on practice
- Describe how own values, belief systems and experiences may affect working practice
- Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards
- Demonstrate use of feedback to evaluate own performance and inform development
- Identify sources of support for planning and reviewing own development
- Demonstrate how to work with others to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interests and development opportunities
- Demonstrate how to work with others to agree own personal development plan
- Evaluate how learning activities have affected practice
- Demonstrate how reflective practice has led to improved ways of working
- Show how to record progress in relation to personal development
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Individuals – Certificate in Teaching Assistant Level 2 course successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04856
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- The course is suitable for support staff like health and social care workers who operates in a variety of health and social care settings.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification in any discipline.
- Teaching Assistant – £12,201 per annum
- Health Care Assistant – £7.40 per hour
- Welfare Support Assistant
- Learning Support Assistant
- Childcare Worker – £7.37 per hour
- Social Worker – £28,068 per annum
- Learning Coach
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.