BPP Professional Education
This course provides a practical overview of key topics and recent case law including the requirements for all employees (even in single-employee situations) who were to be enrolled in a workplace pension plan from October 2012. Also included is a key overview of the new pension reforms effective from 6 April 2015, providing some of the biggest changes in pensions history.
Venue may change up to 14-days before the course start date. Enquire for dates.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of occupational and personal pension schemes in the UK
- Know your way around pension scheme documentation
- Understand the role of key parties under a pension scheme
- Recognise current developments in pension provision - scheme closures, funding deficits and how to change pension benefits
- Understand the role of the Pension Protection Fund (aka “The Pensions Lifeboat”) for schemes in financial difficulty
- Advise on the new automatic enrolment process effective from October 2012 to February 2018
- Advise on the new flexi-access pension reforms effective from 6 April 2015
Under the SRA’s new approach to continuing competence, solicitors are expected to use the Statement of Solicitor Competence to identify and address their learning and development needs. The competence statement requires the following competencies:
- A - Ethics, professionalism and judgement
- B - Technical legal practice
- C - Working with other people
- D - Managing themselves and their own work
Who is this course for?
Pension issues can be intimidating as a subject for the non-expert, yet pensions is becoming increasingly relevant for employers, lawyers and professional advisors.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.