Mastering the implementation and management of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
The 5-day ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer (27001LI) intensive course in Saudi Arabia , it enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 3: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 4: Controlling, monitoring,measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
- Day 5: Preparation for the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam and mock exam
- To understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of an Information Security Management System
- To understand the relationship between the components of an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining an ISMS as specified in ISO/IEC 27001
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO/IEC 27001
- To develop the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations on best practices in the management of information security
- To improve the capacity for analysis and decision making in the context of information security management
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 27001 auditors who wish to fully understand the Information Security Management System implementation process
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of an information security team
- Expert advisors in information technology
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for an information security function or for an ISMS project management function
Basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
- This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test/mock exam similar to the certification exam
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.