Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
The new PAT Testing– Portable Appliance Testing Training Course is updated in 2022 according to the Institute of Engineering and Technology Code of Practice - In-service Inspection and Testing Electrical Instruments 5th Edition.
This PAT Testing– Portable Appliance Testing Training Course is designed to help you familiarise yourself with testing technical appliances, training you to be able to know how to assess and minimise risks, carry out inspections by using a PAT Testing device, and understand the safety procedures that need to be in place when using portable appliances at work.
Portable electrical Testing equipment is found in the majority of workplaces. To prevent workplace hazards such as electrical fires and electrical shocks, it’s important that managers and responsible employees are aware of how to perform maintenance check-ups.
This Portable appliance testing training course is suitable for employers and employees in low-risk workplaces such as shops or offices, who have the responsibility to ensure workplace health and safety. No previous training is required for this course, which can be accessed online from any device.
By the end of the course learners will be able to readily demonstrate that they can:
- Demonstrate expertise in performing PAT Testing principles
- Understand the relevant statutory provisions
- Learn how to perform an initial visual examination
- Understand the process of attempting risk assessments
- Learn key strategies of reporting and record-keeping
- Master key strategies and techniques for electrical installation
- Combine inspection and PAT Testing together
- Accredited by The CPD Certification Service
- Developed by qualified professionals
- Instant e-certificate, Hardcopy included
- Fully online, interactive PAT Testing course with audio voiceover
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
PAT Testing– Portable Appliance Testing Training Course
- Module 01: Introduction to PAT Testing
- Module 02: Relevant Statutory Provisions for PAT Testing
- Module 03: Safety Responsibilities & Maintenance Provisions
- Module 04: PAT Testing Risk Assessment
- Module 05: Reducing and Controlling Risks
- Module 06: Electrical Units and Appliance Classification
- Module 07: Equipment Coverage & Maintenance Needs
- Module 08: Initial Visual Examination
- Module 09: Instruments for PAT Testing and Equipment Inspection
- Module 10: Electrical Installation Testing
- Module 11: Lead & RCD Testing
- Module 12: Safety Precautions in Electrical Testing
- Module 13: Reporting and Record-keeping
- Module 14: Testing for New or Used Equipment
- Module 15: British Standards and Latest Changes
This PAT - Portable Appliance Testing Training Course is CPD Certification Service (CPD UK) Accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99).
At the end of the PAT Testing course, there will be an online assessment, which you will need to pass to complete the course.
Who is this course for?
- Appliance Servicer
- Equipment Tester
This PAT Testing course required no formal qualification to start.
Explore opportunities such as-
- PAT Tester
- Appliance Tester
- Appliance Servicer
- Appliance Repairer
- Equipment Tester
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
How long will the qualification be valid for?Answer:
Dear Jack, Thank you for your question. Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there any option to retest if I don't pass in the first attempt?Answer:
Dear Mark, Thank you for your inquiry. There’s no limit on the number of times you can take the final exam and the good news is all this is included in the one-time fee you paid for the course itself. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does the course show how to actually carry out portable appliance testing?Answer:
Dear Maharg, Good morning. The course is designed to help you familiarise with testing technical appliances, training you to be able to know how to assess and minimise risks, carry out inspections and understand the safety procedures that need to be in place when using portable appliances at work. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hard copy certificate - Included
- Free Hardcopy Certificate included
- Shipping Cost £3.99 only
Digital certificate - Included