Add to basket or enquire
This CACHE endorsed short course introduces the importance of the partnership practitioners create with parents and carers in a childcare setting.
You will be introduced to how to make the partnership work effectively, how to engage with new parents and carers, and how to deal with conflict when it arises.
- You will learn the importance of partnership with parents and the many references to how childcare practitioners should engage with parents
- You will learn about seeking new ways of bringing the home into the settings and enabling the setting to reach into the home
- You will learn the reasons why people complain, together with practical skills to deal with concerns when they are received
Advantages of this course
- The course looks at the importance of the two-way process that is a partnership with parents in childcare. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) stresses the importance of this partnership, which means not only giving information to the parents but asking for and listening to the parent’s views and knowledge.
- Parents ‘are the child’s first and most enduring educators’ (to quote the EYFS), have a unique knowledge of their child, and are also a great potential resource for setting
- The course also looks at how to deal with occasions where parents express a concern or raise a complaint about something that has made them unhappy. Communicating well with parents and managing complaints in such a way that they do not damage the partnership with parents is important.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Laser e-Certificate (included in the course price). You will also have the option of purchasing a CACHE Endorsed e-Certificate for an additional £4.99.
Endorsement statement: Our short course has been reviewed by a Subject Specialist and endorsed by CACHE demonstrating the quality and rigor. This is an unregulated programme and is not a nationally recognised qualification.
After purchasing this course on Reed, a customer service representative from Laser Learning will email you with instructions on how to access your course on the Laser Short Course website.
If the purchase was made within business hours, you should expect your email within 1-2 hours. If your purchase was made outside of business hours, you should expect your email the next working day.
Who is this course for?
Early years practitioners working in a range of settings.
A computer, mobile, or tablet and an internet connection
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Can I please see the certificate? I feel all the courses on this website may have the same certificate format. Thank youAnswer:
Hi Like all courses by any organisation that format of the certificate will be the same for the same type of course. all of ours are professional development therefore, the format will be the same it is the course title, student name and date of completion that will change. If you are thinking that all courses on Reed have the same certificate then that is not the case, You will get Laser learning certificate for any laser Learning course. I hope this answers your question.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Have question is this course good idea for some one new in job role as TA but need some guidance how to work with child parent .I am new thisAnswer:
Hello Baljit, Thanks for your question. Most education is more effective if the school is working with the co-operation of parents or guardians. This course tell you how to cultivate this relationship. This will improve the progress the children in your care make.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I purchased this course but ot is not showing up reed that I have.please could you send me password and username. I have paid for the course.Answer:
Hello Baljit, Thanks for your message. We do not have a record of your purchase from Reed but I believe they have had problems with communications recently. If you say you have paid we will believe you! If you let us have your e mail address we will send the codes and instructions. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
NCFE CACHE endorsed e-Certificate
Digital certificate - £4.99