Add to basket or enquire
Explore the ways of becoming a Paralegal with this comprehensive course Paralegal Training.
While not having the same grasp of the law as a fully-trained lawyer, a paralegal still maintains a good understanding of the subsidiary legal matters, and also works in the law offices under a lawyer’s direct supervision. This Paralegal Training course covers the duties and responsibilities of a paralegal so you will be prepared to work in this area.
If you’re an individual looking to become an exceptional Paralegal, or simply enjoyed Suits and would like to increase your knowledge of the legal sector, this excellent Paralegal Training course will be perfect for you.
A paralegal deals with various types of work, such as drafting documents, interviewing clients and preparing retainers. The Paralegal Training course introduces you to all the essential working skills and shows you the procedures of performing the acts, after which you will learn about legal principles, intellectual property basics and legal technology programs to reduce the litigation cost. Finally, the course explains the techniques of creating a personalised career roadmap to succeed in this field.
Highlights of the Paralegal Training:
- Get a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Paralegal.
- Learn how to use legal terminology to carry out legal tasks such as record keeping, preparing transcription, editing and correspondence to judges.
- Understand the legal system of the UK and general duties and day-to-day operations of a Legal Secretary.
- Gain the skills in order to assist in prioritising and planning activities in legal practice.
- Gain a holistic understanding of criminal law and the courts and the criminal justice system.
- Explore the crucial principle of being a Paralegal.
- Discover every aspect of meeting management and minute taking.
- Understand the importance of the principles of confidentiality and security within the legal environment.
- Grasp the importance of telephone etiquette, develop speaking and listening skills that set you apart from others.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Paralegal Training course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This Paralegal Training course is designed with the following modules:
- Introduction to Paralegals
- Role of Legal Secretaries
- General Duties and Day-to-Day Operations of a Legal Secretary
- Record Keeping
- Legal Writing Skills & Proofreading
- Research Skills You Need to Know
- Transcription, Editing & Correspondence to Judges
- Legal System of the UK
- History of Criminal Law: Church of England and Codification of Criminal Law
- General Principles of Criminal Law
- Act 1967
- Agency, capacity, and mental disorder
- General Defences
- Homicide and Murder
- Theft, Robbery and Burglary
Courts, Crime, and Controversy
- UK Court System
- The Courts and the Criminal Justice System
- Actors in the Courthouse
- Criminal vs Civil Court Cases
- Law on the Books and in Action
Arrest to Arraignment
- Crime and Arrest
- Preliminary Hearing, Grand Jury, and Arraignment
- History of Trials by Jury
- Overview of Basic Evidence
- Steps In The Trial Process
- Legal Terminology
Being a Paralegal
- Working with Your Manager
- Administrative Soft Skills
- Tools of the Trade
- Effective Time Management
- Being an Effective Gatekeeper
- Organizational Skills
- Confidentiality Guidelines
- Special Tasks
Meeting Management & Minute Taking
- Meeting Management
- Meeting Agreements
- Minute Styles
- What Do I Record?
- Techniques for Preparing Minutes
- Taking Minutes in an Interactive Meeting
- The Minute Book
- What to include/what to ignore
- Motions and Resolutions
- Method of recording minutes
- Reasons for Meeting
- What is a decision?
- Minute Taking tips
- Aspects of Phone Etiquette
- Using Proper Phone Language
- Eliminate Phone Distractions
- Inbound Calls
- Outbound Calls
- Handling Rude or Angry Callers
- Handling Interoffice Calls
- Methods of Training Employees
- Correcting Poor Telephone Etiquette
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the Paralegal Training course, you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion of this Paralegal Training course, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re already a paralegal or aspiring to be one, this Paralegal Training course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Paralegal Training is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This exquisite Paralegal Training course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Paralegal Training is for you.
Studying this Paralegal Training course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including:
- Legal Secretary
- Legal Assistant
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, how to apply?
Hi Christian, Thanks for reaching out. you just need to go to the course page and purchase the course by clicking on 'Add to Basket' button. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, how long it takes to finish the training please ?
Hi Marone, Thanks for reaching out. The estimated course duration is 31 hours if you want to finish the course in one sitting. You will, however, get one year access to the course after purchasing it. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.