Add to basket or enquire
This course will give people an understanding of palliative and end of life care. The course explores what palliative and end of life care is, and how they work together. It looks at the different aspects to the care, including spiritual, emotional and physical needs and discusses the importance of palliative care and end of life care in ensuring the patient's quality of life is as high as possible and tailored to their individual wishes.
In this course you will learn:
- What palliative care is
- What end of life care is
- How palliative care works alongside end of life care
- When does each type of care start in a patient's illness journey
- How to increase a patient's quality of life during the illness and towards the end of life
- Addressing spiritual and emotional needs
- Supporting the family
- Managing symptoms and pain of the illness or treatment
- Communication with the patient and family
- Advance care planning
This course is split into two modules:
- Principles of Palliative Care
- End of Life Care
Upon successful completion of all five modules you will be automatically awarded a certificate containing the course name, completion date, CPD hours and learning objectives.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at anyone working in the health and social care sectors who need or want to gain a better understanding of palliative care and end of life care, including:
- Administrative staff
- Clerical staff
- Social workers
- All health workers and social care workers
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.