Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Palliative And End of Life Care course will help you understand the fundamentals of palliative care and acquire the necessary skills to become a professional care provider. You can complete this course in just 3 hours and get a professional & recognised certificate.
This Palliative And End of Life Care courseis designed by industry experts, and it can help you turn your dreams in professional life into a reality.
Our exclusive Palliative and End of Life Care follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 10 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning.
These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Palliative And End of Life Care. The course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
After you successfully complete the Palliative And End of Life Care course you will receive a recognisedcertificate which will fast-track your career and will showcase your expertise on this topic.
This professional certification along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials will put you ahead of the competition and will allow you to stand out from others.
Key Topics to Be Covered In This Palliative And End of Life Care Course
- The fundamentals of the Palliative and End of Life Care
- The key components of NISAT Core Holistic Assessment
- Importance of effective communication between the Home and the General Practitioner (GP)
- The role of the multidisciplinary team and specialist palliative care services
- The signs and symptoms of individuals approaching death
- The six standards to assist Health and Social Care Services in the bereavement stage.
- Legal obligations and procedures practised in the UK.
Learning Outcomes Of This Palliative And End of Life Care Course
- The roles and responsibilities of a professional supportive care provider
- How to identify the stages of illness
- Comprehensive guidelines to the best practices in different end of life situations
- Best practices while transferring to the home and discharging from hospital
- Importance of Bereavement Care and how to approach them
- The responsibilities at the end of life and care after death
- Understand the legal and ethical issues involved in advance care planning
Caring for individuals suffering from a life-threatening illness or people in the last days of their life requires a compassionate and pro-active approach. While the role of supportive care as a Palliative Care and End of Life Care professional has some occupational distinction, both play an important part to prevent, reduce and relieve the sufferings in the last days of a person’s journey and provide a comforting transition process.
If you are seeking a career in the health care sector as a Palliative and End of Life Care provider, this course is the perfect platform for you to get started. The financial rewards are a bonus on top of the satisfaction and enlightenment in providing a noble humanitarian service.
This Palliative And End of Life Care course is designed by expert supportive care professionals with years of experience to educate you on the fundamentals of this occupation. From the identification scenarios to the bereavement stage upon death, this course discusses the best practices towards the patient and their families in a step-by-step guide. In addition to that, the course also provides the legal requirement and your duty in different stages in a comprehensive manner.
By the end of this course, you will understand all the requirements and responsibilities of Palliative and End of Life Care vocations and how to live up to the expectations in practical situations.
Skills You Will Gain from This Palliative And End of Life Care Course
- Interpersonal skills
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Psychosocial skills
- Physical care skills
- Life closure skills
- Observational skill
- Teamwork skill
Course Curriculum of This Palliative And End of Life Care Course:
Module 1: Introduction to Palliative & End of Life Care
- Policy Context
- Understanding Palliative and End of Life Care within the Context of Nursing and Residential Care Homes
- Adopting a Person Centred Approach
- Support for Family and those that Matter to the Person
- Availability of Services
Module 2: Identification of the Stage of Illness
- Best Practice
- Decision Making
Module 3: Palliative Care Holistic Assessment
- Key Components of NISAT Core Holistic Assessment
- Key Milestones when Holistic Assessment Should be Undertaken
- Preparing for the Holistic Assessment in the Home
- Following the Holistic Assessment
Module 4: Advance Care Planning
- Communication with the Home
- Communication between the Home and the General Practitioner (GP)
- Referral to the Multidisciplinary Team
- Referral to Specialist Palliative Care Services
- Communication across Care Boundaries
Module 5: Care at the End of Life
- Diagnosing Dying - Signs and Symptoms of Someone Approaching Death
Module 6: Care after Death
- Bereavement Care
- Pre-Bereavement Care
- Post-Bereavement Care
Module 7: Further Support, Training and Development
- Support for Staff
- Education and Training
- Organisations and Websites
Module 8: Legal Issues
- Challenges at the End of Life
- A Focus on Individualised Care
- Talking about Death
- Mental Capacity Act
- Emergency Situations
- Who Should Assess Mental Capacity?
- Advance Decisions
- Lasting Power of Attorney
- Court-appointed Deputy
- In the Absence of LPA, ADRT or Court-appointed Deputy
Module 9: Glossary of Terms
- Advance Care Planning
- Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment (ADRT)
- Advance Statements
- Best Interests Decision
- Mental Capacity
- High Complexity of Palliative Care Needs
- End of Life
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- General Palliative Care
- Palliative Care Register
- Progressive Illnesses
- Quality of Life
- Specialist Palliative Care
- Therapeutic Relationship
- World Health Organisation: Principles of Palliative Care
Module 10: Appendices
- End of Life Care Operational System
- ELCOS (End of Life Care Operational System): Triggers for Action
Once you have finished the learning stages in the course, your abilities will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice question session, after which you will receive the results immediately.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Palliative And End of Life Care Course Right for You?
This Palliative And End of Life Care course is designed to provide those who are looking to kickstart a career in palliative care provider with the skills, knowledge and credentials to do so. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
This is an introductory training course, and there are no specific entry requirements for enrolment.
After successfully completing this Palliative And End of Life Care course, you will have gained all the necessary skills to take your first step in the relevant job sector. Moreover, if you’re already working in the aforementioned sector, you will have opportunities for potential promotion, revised job role or supervisory/managerial responsibilities according to your expertise.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.