Painting and Decorating Diploma - CPD & IAO approved and accredited
**Once purchased you are eligible by studying with us to apply for an NUS Extra card which gives you 1000's of discounts with the biggest companies**
The Painting and Decorating Diploma course is designed for individuals who would like to work in the decorating industry. This course is filled with information and videos that will put you on the right path to starting a career in this field.
Painting and decorating is a broad industry, which provides students with a wide range of possible skills to learn. As you work your way through this course, you will gain a full overview of the skills you will need to learn to work in the painting and decorating business, and how you can start your own business.
Introduction to the Painting and Decorating Diploma Course
This is an online course, which provides students with the unique ability to study the curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students can continue working full time and finish the course in a reasonable amount of time.
The course is accessible from any internet-enabled device and you will receive online support while you train. Furthermore, you will find the course to be incredibly easy to go through thanks to the flexible modules.
Upon course completion, you will be required to complete and pass a multiple-choice exam and then you will be awarded your certificate. You can download and print the certificate from home, or we can post it to you for a small additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The Painting and Decorating Diploma course has been written to give students a full overview of the industry and will put you on the fast track to success. The course covers the following:
- What a painter and decorator does
- The common tools, equipment, adhesives, paints and varnishes
- The risks you may face in the industry
- Information about personal protective equipment
- How to store and clean up your equipment
- How to set up an emergency plan
- How to identify different wall surfaces
- How to paint and prepare different surfaces
- How to cut and apply wallpaper
- How to measure, cut and lay tiles
- What it takes to run your own business
- Resources for small business owners
Benefits of the Painting and Decorating Course
There are several benefits that students will experience when taking the painting and decorating diploma course.
These include the following:
- The ability to study from anywhere there is an internet connection, at any time that is convenient for you.
- Study at your own pace. There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you can still complete the course.
- You can study from any device including a tablet, PC or mobile phone.
- Short, easy to manage course modules.
- Online support to help you stay on track.
- Learn through a comprehensive syllabus, which guarantees that you receive the knowledge necessary to become a painting and decorating professional.
- Improving your prospects while applying for work in the field.
- Receive a verifiable and recognised certificate.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Module 1: Introduction to Painting and Decorating
- What a painter and decorator does
- The qualifications and skills required to be a painter and decorator
- The most common tools and equipment necessary in painting and decorating
- The most common adhesives
Module 2 : Health and Safety in the Painting and Decorating Industry
- The types of risks you might face in the painting and decorating trade
- Information about working at heights
- Information about Personal Protective Equipment
- How to safely store and clean up paint
Module 3 : Painting: The Basics
- How to identify different types of wall surfaces
- How to paint floors with different materials
- How to paint windows correctly
- How to identify different paints on the market
Module 4 : Painting and Wallpapering
- How to prepare to paint
- How to prime a surface for painting
- How to correctly apply paint, including effects
- How to cut wallpaper
Module 5 : Tiling, and Owning Your Own Business
- What tools are required for tiling
- How to measure, plan, and mark out areas for tiling
- How to lay tiles and grout tiles
- What it takes to run your own painting and decorating business
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Kirsty Trenerry, Horsham
The instructor was very down to earth and easy to follow.
I am considering a career change, so this seemed a good place to start. The course was comprehensive, for the price and easy to follow. The videos were also really helpful, to help put the information into context. The instructor was very down to earth and easy to follow.
It is helpful to be able to print out the course notes, to refer to at a later date. I will also re-watch the videos when I need to.
The test at the end was multiple choice. There may have been information relating to this on the website, but I didn’t find it. The questions were very specific, so you do need to have revised before you take the test.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
With experience, you could become a team supervisor or move into related areas like estimating, contract management, interior or set design, or apprentice training.
You could also work in heritage conservation, or set up your own business.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.