Add to basket or enquire
Learn how to assist doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals in caring for sick and injured children with the Paediatric Nursing Assistant course. This introductory training program is ideal for those who wish to care for children in a hospital environment.
In this paediatric care assistant course, you will explore the basics of paediatric first aid, the day-to-day duties of a paediatric nurse, and how to record patients’ conditions. You will learn how to feed, dress, bathe, and clean children, as well as administer their medication and monitor their progress. Throughout this course, you will develop essential paediatric nurse skills in communication, time management, and multitasking. Kickstart your career today and develop the practical knowledge and skills to become a skilled medical assistant for children.
Learning Outcomes of The Paediatric Nursing Assistant
- Learn how to assist nurses, doctors and other medical professionals care for sick and injured children
- Get step-by-step guidance on paediatric first aid
- Familiarise with the role and responsibilities of a paediatric nursing assistant
- Understand the procedures and best practices for feeding, dressing, and cleaning patients
- Develop essential verbal communication, childcare and multitasking skills
- Have a solid understanding of how to monitor, report and record patients’ conditions
- Understand how to assist vulnerable and weak patients in everyday activities
- Learn how to administer medication and check patients’ vital signs
Benefits of studying the Paediatric Nursing Assistant
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams.
The Paediatric Nursing Assistant is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Introduction to Paediatric First Aid
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Role and Responsibilities of First Aiders
- Module 3: First Aid Kits
Initial Assessment and Assistance
- Module 4: Initial Assessment and Treatment
- Module 5: Illness and Injury
Common Childhood Illnesses
- Module 6: Common Illnesses
- Module 7: Anaphylaxis
- Module 8: Asthma Attack
- Module 9: Eczema in Babies and Children
- Module 10: Seizures in Children Treatment
- Module 11: CPR
- Module 12: Poisoning
- Module 13: Heat Stroke
Common Injuries and Incidents
- Module 14: Common Accidents and Emergencies
- Module 15: First Aid for Minor Burns
- Module 16: Febrile Seizure
- Module 17: Choking
- Module 18: Bleeding
- Module 19: Bites, Stings and Scratches
- Module 20: Fractures
- Module 21: Head Injuries
First Aid for Unresponsiveness and Injury
- Module 22: Unresponsive and Breathing Child
- Module 23: Unresponsive and Not Breathing Child
- Module 24: Unresponsive and Breathing Baby
- Module 25: Unresponsive and Not Breathing Baby
- Module 26: First-Aid Tips for Common Kid Injuries
- Module 27: Eye Injuries
First Aid for Illness and Incidents
- Module 28: Fever in Children
- Module 29: First Aid for Incidents
- Module 30: Drowning
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion PDF certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course suitable for Primary school children?
Hi Erin, Good morning. Children of any age under the supervision of the guardian can take this course. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course convenient for child minders assistants?
Hi Sofia, Good morning. Our CPD certified Paediatric Nursing Assistant course is convenient for childminder assistants. Stay Safe.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.