Grays Medic Training Services
Add to basket or enquire
This course gives you the competence to provide care and manage life-threatening conditions, illness, and injuries in the early years setting. It offers the opportunity to provide quality and effective first aid care to children and babies. This is achieved through an understanding of the general duties, responsibilities and treatment principles of paediatric first aid.
Note: This is a video course with a high-quality combination of up to date content, animation, and presentation which contributes to better retention of knowledge, whilst keep you interested and engaged. Please keep this in mind when you compare it with other online courses in the market.
Its primary aim is to provide immediate medical care and treatment that will either resolve the situation (in less serious ‘everyday’ cases) or provide an essential short-term emergency stop-gap until professional medical assistance is in place.
- Introduction to Paediatric First Aid
- Planning and Preparation
- Essential First Aid Knowledge and Skills
- Basic Life Support
- Fractures and Head Injuries
- Shock, Bleeding and Dressing Wounds
- Specific Medical Conditions
- Minor Injuries
- First Aid Documentation and First Aid Kits
Please be aware that having a theoretical knowledge on its own is not enough to be considered competent in paediatric first aid and a practical demonstration in some areas is required to complete this training. Please contact us to arrange this.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone working with children and infants. This includes those working in nursery, school and pre-school environments, as well as professional
- childminders, club leaders and sports coaches.
- People who provide support to fully qualified First Aiders.
- People wishing to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to act appropriately when an emergency happens or a children is ill or injured.
This course does not required a previous qualification.
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.