Oven Cleaning Certificate Training Course
- Certificate of completion available and is included in the price
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
Taking the oven cleaning course is an opportunity to start your own professional oven cleaning business, catering to commercial and residential customers. This is an opportunity for you to start your own successful business armed with the knowledge and skills you need to provide your clients with the best quality results and service at all times.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Introduction to the Oven Cleaning Certificate
The oven cleaning certificate is a recognised certification to help you jump start your career as a professional oven cleaner. This course comprises of fourteen modules overflowing with valuable information that takes approximately ten hours to complete. You will learn essential oven cleaning techniques, the legal requirements surrounding effective oven cleaning and so much more. You will be armed with everything you need to run your own successful business moving forward.
During your online studies you will have the support of a tutor, who is on hand to guide you. You can study from anywhere using any device and study at your own pace, not set to any schedule, enabling you to work full time and study in your spare time.
On completion and passing the multiple choice test, you will receive your certification, which is industry recognised and can be downloaded and printed at your convenience.
What You Will Learn
The course comprises of fourteen information packed modules, which will teach you the following:
- Understand what work you will do as a professional oven cleaner along with the essential equipment you will need to produce the best results.
- Learn why training in oven cleaning is a benefit and where to find the best positions where you will use your knowledge, the difference between working for yourself or for someone else and how to secure long term commercial contracts for oven cleaning.
- Know what types of oven cleaning jobs are available.
- Get a good understanding of oven cleaning equipment. Know the products and tools you will need, the purpose of each one and how to ensure you meet the strict health and safety regulations.
- Know about chemical safety and what regulations you need to adhere to. Learn what documentation you will need to support industry cleaning products, who is responsible for health and safety compliance and so much more.
- Learn about the working conditions you can expect from how long it will take to complete a job, why safety clothing is so important and various pricing structures you should take advantage of.
- Understand the various oven cleaning techniques and expected standards. Know what tools you should be using for different surfaces and what techniques to use to deep clean ovens effectively.
- Know how to clean Rayburn and AGA cookers. Know how to identify these two common cookers, what products you should use and what are the most common operating temperatures of these two appliances.
- Learn everything you need to know about commercial oven cleaning from what’s involved to dry steam cleaning to the equipment you will need.
- Get a good understanding of environmentally friendly oven cleaning - “green cleaning.” Learn about powerful natural de-greasers and the benefits of steam cleaning rather than using chemical solutions.
- Learn how to run an oven cleaning service effectively to achieve success. Learn what it entails to run a service effectively, help to boost your customer service levels and how many ovens you can expect to clean on a daily basis.
- Know how to start your own oven cleaning business from initial start-up costs to marketing and developing your online presence.
- Learn about business insurance, tax and the equipment you will need when starting your own oven cleaning business.
- Understand what is entailed when hiring staff to work for you, including your responsibilities as an employer and when you should write a health and safety policy, plus so much more.
Benefits of the Oven Cleaning Certificate
This recognised certification can provide you with so many benefits during and after your online training, these include:
- An industry recognised certification.
- You will learn how to deliver the best service to your clients.
- You will have the knowledge you need to start your own successful oven cleaning business.
- You study online at your own pace with no set schedule.
- You can study from any device connected to the internet.
- Online support throughout your study to guide you in the right direction.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 14 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Oven Cleaning an Introduction
- Module 2 : Why Train in Oven Cleaning?
- Module 3 : The Different Types of Oven Cleaning Jobs Available
- Module 4 : Oven Cleaning Equipment
- Module 5 : Chemical Safety, Compliance and Legal Requirements
- Module 6 : Working Conditions
- Module 7 : Oven Cleaning Techniques and Standards Expected
- Module 8 : Cleaning AGA and Rayburn Cookers
- Module 9 : Commercial Oven Cleaning
- Module 10 : Green Oven Cleaning
- Module 11 : Running an Oven Cleaning Service
- Module 12 : Starting Your Own Oven Cleaning Service
- Module 13 : Business Insurance, Equipment & Tax
- Module 14 : Hiring People to Work for You
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.