Add to basket or enquire
Uplatz offers comprehensive training on Oracle Database Administration (DBA). This is video-based online course (self-paced training).
Databases represent the core of an organization's informational infrastructure. In this Oracle administration training course, you learn the fundamental knowledge and skills to configure and support Oracle 12c databases, maintain your company’s data, and ensure the availability of your data by deploying backup, recovery, and flashback operations.
The Oracle Database is the most commonly used type of relational database. This creates demand for Oracle DBAs. The system is based on a relational database framework wherein data objects can be directly accessed by users. The Oracle Database is commonly used by global enterprises, which manage and process data across wide and local area networks.
Oracle DBAs generally share similar duties as database administrators but also need to stay on top of Oracle updates. Companies that make use of the Oracle Database range from mid to large-sized corporations, as such Oracle DBAs generally work in small, specialized teams to maintain the company database. You’ll find Oracle DBAs in virtually any and all industries as generally, every business needs some form of database management.
Database Administrators (DBAs) are responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of computerized databases in today’s organizations. The role also includes architecting, building and scaling databases for future data growth and capacity. They are also responsible for security, performance and availability of data to users and customers.
Uplatz’s video course will help students in learning the basics to build a well-made Oracle database with the help of basic database commands. Students will get to learn how to operate the stored data and return meaningful results to analyze the data stored.
By the end of the training, you will learn how to:
- Create, configure, and maintain Oracle 12c databases
- Automate database administration using OEM Cloud Control 12c
- Ensure database security by managing user privileges and roles
- Manage storage to optimize space and performance
- Implement Oracle partitions to manage large tables and indexes
- 1: Architecture 33:49
- 2: DBCA and Instance 38:13
- 3: Users 22:00
- 4: Managing Database Storage Structure 23:02
- 5: Undo 08:59
- 6: Flashback Technology 17:37
- 7: Oracle Networking Environment 16:40
- 8: Oracle Locking 25:23
- 9: Oracle Auditing 09:48
- 10: EM and Data Pump 15:46
- 11: Backup and Recovery 13:49
- 12: User Managed Database Backup 14:22
- 13: User Managed Database Recovery 11:09
- 14: RMAN Backup and Recovery 29:34
- 15: Oracle Database Migration to Cloud 14:33
Oracle DBA Course Curriculum
- Creating the OFA file structure ($DBA, bdump, udump, pfile)
- SQL*Plus DBA commands
4. Control Files
5. User and Security Management
6. Parameter Files
- Parameter files (tnsnames.ora, init.ora, listener.ora)
- Rules for sizing SGA components
- Automated Oracle memory management (AMM)
7. Tablespace & Schema Management
8. Oracle*Net configuration
9. Data Buffer configuration & sizing
10. Shared pool and PGA configuration & Sizing
11. Oracle tables, views and materialized views
- Types of Oracle indexes (b-tree, bitmap, bitmap join index)
- Creating B*-Tree, bitmap and function-based Indexes
- Costs & benefits of constraints
- Types of Oracle indexes constraints (check, not null, unique, PK, FK)
- Cascading constraints
14. Database Maintenance
15. Oracle DBA Utilities
- Data pump (Imp and exp utilities)
- Oracle DBA utilities – Oracle dbms packages (dbms_redefinition)
- Replication (Streams, multimaster, materialized views)
17. STATSPACK and AWR performance management
18. Performance Management & Tuning
20. Oracle High Availability tools
21. Backup & Recovery
Who is this course for?
Passion and determination to achieve your goals!
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Oracle Developer
- Data Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Application Developer
- Data Architect
- Oracle Engineer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Matthew Lewis asked:
Can I do this online course by working from home?
Hi Matthew Yes ofcourse. These are videos that can be played from anywhere, anytime, and on any device. Team UplatzThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
hi, i learn oracle 11g 2 years ago. can i eligible for this course.
Yes . You can enroll for this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.