Add to basket or enquire
The Operations Management Level 4 course is an in-depth training course, designed to train those who work in operations management to successfully oversee the process of the creation of goods and services. This course is endorsed by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that ensures professional, reputable certification for further education.
In this course, you will gain a solid understanding of organisational structure and the fundamental principles of operations management. You will explore the role and responsibilities of an operations manager in detail and the changing nature of operations. Each module covers central topics such as process management, supply chain management, project management, and planning and sourcing.
This course also provides an introduction to Lean project management methodology and the Six Sigma improvement model. On completion, learners will have extensive knowledge of the operations management process, which will allow them to progress to a senior role.
- Understand the fundamental principles of operations management
- Learn the key differences between purchasing and procurement
- Familiarise with Six Sigma methodology for process improvement
- Gain a solid understanding of the basics of project management
- Develop your knowledge of strategic sourcing in supply chain management
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to perform a gap analysis
- Have fundamental knowledge of the different types of inventory and methods in inventory management
- Develop essential time management, strategic thinking and analytical skills
Module 01: Operations Management
- Designing Your Organisational Structure
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Understanding Financial Terms
- Getting the Right People in Place
- Getting Your Product Together
- Building a Corporate Brand
- Marketing Your Product
- Selling Your Product
- Planning for the Future
- Goal Setting and Goal Getting
- Succession Planning 101
- Managing Your Money
- Ethics 101
- Building a Strong Customer Care Team
- Training Employees for Success
- Leadership Essentials
Module 02: Process Management
- The Fundamentals of Business Process Management
- Defining Business Process Management
- The Business Process Life Cycle
- The Vision Phase
- The Design Phase
- The Modeling Phase
- The Execution Phase
- The Monitoring Phase
- The Optimising Phase
Module 03: Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Management
Module 04: Gap Analysis
- What is Gap Analysis?
- The Gap Analysis Process
- Supporting Tools
- Creating a Gap Analysis Report
- Understanding Lean
- The Toyota Production System
- The Toyota Production System House
- The Five Critical Improvement Concepts
- Understanding Value with the Kano Model
- Types of Waste
- Creating a Lean Enterprise
- The Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) Cycle
- Using the R-DMAIC-S Model
- Lean Thinking Tools
- Kaizen Events
- Data Gathering and Mapping
- A Plan to Take Home
- Defining Continuous Improvement
- Stage One – Identify Areas For Improvement
- Stage Two – Create a Plan for Improvement
- Stage Three – Implement the Changes
- Stage Four – Review the Impact
Module 05: Planning and Sourcing Operations
- Planning and Sourcing Operations
Module 06: Purchasing and Procurement Management
- Purchasing and Procurement Management
Module 07: Six Sigma Basics
- Six Sigma
Module 08: Inventory Management
- What is Inventory?
- Types of Inventory
- Key Players
- Setting up the Warehouse
- What Makes a Good Inventory Management System?
- The Warehouse Inventory Cycle
- Identifying Demand
- The Receiving Process
- Validating Inventory
- The Put-Away Process
- Maintaining Inventory Accuracy
- The Outbound Process
- Industry Trends
Module 09: Project Management
- Project Management
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate by paying the accreditation fee of £88. There is an additional £10 postal charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for operations managers who are new to the field and those who are pursuing a career in operations management and want to gain the relevant skills and certification to ensure their career progression. There are no entry requirements for this course, however, it is beneficial to have some basic knowledge of operations management.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
On successful course completion, learners will have the industry knowledge and skills to fast track their career in operations management. Career opportunities in this field include:
- Operations Manager
- Operations Lead
- Operations Administrator
- Operations Executive
- Head of Operations
- Operations Coordinator
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.