Operations Management Diploma - IAO Accredited - Best Seller - *NUS Extra Card Eligible*
- Exam is included
- Tutor is available to students
Operations Management Diploma - Best Seller - IAO Accredited
**We have now partnered with NUS so once you've purchased your course you are eligible by studying with us to apply for an NUS Extra card which gives you 1000's of discounts with the biggest companies**
This course on Operations Management is an ideal choice for those looking to broaden their knowledge in the field of operations and equip themselves with the skills that they need to progress their career in this area. Split into ten comprehensive, intuitive and easy to follow modules, the course covers the full life cycle of the operations management process and provides you with a detailed understanding of the key disciplines in the sector.
The first module will provide you with an overarching general introduction to operations management and each subsequent module will focus on two or three specific areas, giving you all of the information and detail that you need to hit the ground running in the profession. The course covers a good range of specific and technical operations information and also more general management principles with the aim of giving you a broad and all-encompassing knowledge in the field.
The course is designed for anybody already working as an Operations Manager or anybody thinking of making a career move into the field. It is particularly useful for those who have previous experience within operations and are thinking of taking the next step into management. However, the course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of the sector.
What you will learn
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- An introduction to operations management, including its purpose and key principles, as well as a brief history of the discipline and an examination of what successful operations management looks like.
- The key technical skills and personal attributes that you need to become a good Operations Manager and how to develop a career in the field.
- A definition of supply chain management and specific information relating to the sub-areas of purchasing and inventory.
- A further analysis of supply chain management, including the roles of product development, design, distribution and marketing.
- How to ensure good quality across the different phases of operations management, including quality standards and dealing with legal regulations.
- The parallels between operations management and project management, how to structure your own operations projects and the use of new project methodologies such as Six Sigma, lean production and continuous improvement.
- An overview of the different types of employment and worker statutes found in the operations sector, including the use of contractors and subcontractors.
- Effective methods of managing people, including employees, contractors and suppliers, and your legal responsibilities towards these parties.
- The financial aspect of operations management, including dealing with cost management and ways to reduce costs throughout the organisation, plus how to work with common financial documents such as budgets, balance sheets and asset registers.
- The importance of sustainability and environmentally friendly initiatives and how operations management can support this area.
- How to draw up a robust corporate social responsibility strategy for your organisation.
- Common reasons for disputes and ways to avoid and resolve conflict.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study from home, or anywhere with a convenient internet connection.
- Study at a pace that is comfortable for you. Since there is no time limit for this course, you will complete your studies, regardless of how long it takes you.
- You can study training material on any device including computers, tablets, or mobile phones.
- The ability to easily manage modules and understand course structure.
- Convenient online support available while you train.
- The opportunity to access a comprehensive syllabus that will assist you in acquiring the knowledge necessary to fast track you in the process to becoming an Operations Manager.
- The opportunity to gain prospects while applying for work or other opportunities in the industry.
- A certified and recognised certificate upon successful course completion.
- An affordable pricing structure.
Module 1: An Introduction to Successful Operations Management
- A broad definition of operations management, including its purpose and its key principles
- What successful operations management looks like
- A brief history of operations management
- The key skills, experience and personal attributes that you need to be an Operations Manager
Module 2: Supply Chain Management Part 1 – Purchasing and Inventory
- Definitions of logistics and supply chain management
- Purchasing within SCM - why it is important
- Purchasing within SCM - steps in the process and how to find suppliers
- Purchasing within SCM - documents in the process and when things go wrong
Module 3: Supply Chain Management Part 2 – Product Development and Production
- How to identify your target market
- Conducting primary and secondary market research and different methods that you can use
- Key stages of the product development process
- The production and scheduling process and different types of production, including job, batch and flow production
Module 4: Supply Chain Management Part 3 – Product Distribution and Marketing
- Defining product distribution and different distribution channels
- Key individuals and parties involved in the distribution process
- Things to consider in the packaging and presentation of your product
- Deciding on delivery options for customers
Module 5: Finance and Managing Costs
- The importance of finance and cost management to the field of operations management
- Some key financial terminology and documents
- The importance of and how to compile budgets, balance sheets and asset registers
- What depreciation is and some common ways in which to calculate it
Module 6: Working with Employees, Contractors and Other Workers
- An overview of different employment statuses, such as employed staff, contractors, subcontractors, agency workers and zero hours contracts
- Managing employed staff, including contractual clauses and statutory entitlements
- Contractors and subcontractors - advantages and disadvantages of using them and how to work with them in the best possible way
- Common clauses within contracts for services
Module 7: An Introduction to Project Management
- What project management is and how it can relate to your role as an Operations Manager
- The five key phases of project management
- Examples of operations management projects, or common projects types that you may be involved in
- What SMART objectives are and how to write them
Module 8: More Project Methodologies in Operations Management
- A definition of Six Sigma and its main principles
- Different tools and methodologies that you can use within the Six Sigma process
- Some strengths and potential weaknesses of the approach
- How to maximise the value of Six Sigma
Module 9: Maintaining Quality in Operations Management
- Ways to ensure quality in the design and productions phases
- The important of quality assurance and quality control, including testing
- Features of the ISO 9000 standards for quality
- Types of quality defects and how to deal with them
Module 10: Socially and Environmentally Responsible Operations Management
- An examination of corporate social responsibility and why it is an important initiative
- How to create an effective corporate social responsibility strategy
- A case study of a successful and wide-reaching CSR programme
- The characteristics of a sustainable or green business
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.