Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Operational Support & Analysis (OSA) - ITIL® Official Exam
Register for any Operational Support & Analysis (OSA) - ITIL® Official Exam, and gain free access to the Scrum and Agile Essentials course and have 12 CPD hours added to your Portfolio.
Do you want a globally recognised exam certificate that could pave way for your employment or career progression within the IT operations and analysis industry? Then this official exam in ITIL Operational Support & Analysis official exam might just be the qualification you need! This esteemed qualification is one of the certificates in the ITIL scheme and will test your knowledge in operational support and analysis, service operation processes and event, request, incident and application management.
You can now take this exam at a reasonable price through us, complete with the vouchers needed for the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis exam. All this exam requires you to have is a certificate in ITIL foundation course, and watch how this exam brings you out as a skilled professional, all at our limited time discount prices. With this exam certificate in your resume, you can successfully demonstrate your expertise in operational support and analysis to develop and implement integrated best practice processes.
"ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved."
- Gain an understanding of how OSA brings to the organisation in supporting the service lifecycle.
- Focus on incident management and restoring operations back to normal aligned with agreed service levels.
- Learn how to manage request for services ensuring there is quick and effective access which organisational staff can use to improve productivity.
- Understand access management to grant authorised users to be able to use a service that is significant to the management within an IT infrastructure.
- Learn the principles and purposes of service operation.
** Free Scrum and Agile Essentials Course + FREE e-certificate **
1: What Is Agile?
2: Agile History
3: Agile Manifesto
4: Agile Principles
5: Agile Characteristics
6: Advantages of Agile
7: Agile and Its Relevance to Digitalization
8: Examples of Agile Projects
9: The Scrum Methodology
10: Scrum Roles
11: Scrum Features
12: Why Scrum?
13: The Scrum Process
14: Plan and Estimate
15: The Daily Stand Up
16: Sprint Review
17: Sprint Retrospective
18: Sprint Demo
19: Sprint Release Process
20: Project Vision
21: Scrum Master and Stakeholders
22: Epics in Scrums
23: User Stories
24: Creating a Prioritized Backlog
25: Release Planning
26: Scrum Framework
27: Scrum of Scrums
28: Sprint Demo
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis course you will be required to take a multiple choice question assessment test comprising of 8 questions per paper in 90 minutes duration. (28 marks required to pass out of 40) The multiple choice question assessment will be automatically marked with learners receiving an instant grade. The pass mark is 70%, closed book.
Those who successfully complete the exam will be awarded the certificate in ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support & Analysis.
The certificate will be awarded by Axelos. This is a globally recognised best practice qualification that will make your CV standout and encourage employers to see your motivation at expanding your skills and knowledge in the IT enterprise.
Who is this course for?
- The course is aimed at IT Operations Manager.
- Database Administrator
- Availability Manager
- Problem Manager
- Individuals working in roles within service based business models who want to enhance their knowledge of concepts, functions and processes related to service operation.
- The course requires that learners have an understanding of the ITIL Foundation course.
- T Operations Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £45,428)
- IT Security Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £50,473)
- Database Administrator – (average UK yearly salary: £29,960)
- Configuration Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £37,654)
- IT Project Manager – (average UK yearly salary: £42,289)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.