These days, the internet is a daily fact of life, both at home and in the workplace. While it has opened up a whole new world of possibilities in the modern age, the downside is that it has also made us vulnerable to the actions of individuals who seek to profit from online crime. Ensuring online safety is every bit as important as making sure your door is locked at night, and this short online course is designed to guide you through all you need to know to stay safe online.
Who Is the Course For?
This course is an ideal starting point for people considering a career in online security. However it is also highly suitable for anyone who regularly uses the internet for either work or personal purposes. There is a focus on issues surrounding spam, social media and email security, and a useful section on what to do if the worst happens and disaster strikes. This makes it an ideal resource for small business owners, personal users and larger organisations who need a no-hassle training solution for staff.
How Does It Work?
All study is conducted online, making the course not just a cost effective option, but an ideal choice for busy students, professionals and business owners who need to fit study around other commitments. With no deadlines to meet or weekly class to attend, you can concentrate on getting savvy with internet security in the circumstances which best suit you.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through the six hours of course content to find out all you need to know about internet security.
- Get a comprehensive introduction to online security.
- Find out what’s involved in working in the cyber security industry.
- Gain insight into why we need online security.
- Learn more about email history, passwords and account security.
- Explore the key terms and concepts associated with online security.
- Take a look at the issues surrounding spam.
- Find out ways to prevent your web address from being shared.
- Learn about protecting social media security and security maintenance.
- Get an understanding of how to deal with disasters.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study on all your internet-enabled devices 24/7.
- Enjoy technical support, should you encounter problems.
- Five easy-to-access modules make learning easy to fit into your spare time.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, making it easy to recap learning whenever you need to.
- Gaining a good understanding of internet security is an essential life skill for the 21st century.
- Internet security know-how is a valuable work skill, not just for those who wish to specialise in the subject, but in any industry.
Take the first step towards ensuring peace of mind online by signing up to the Internet Security Certificate today.
- Units of Study
- Email History, Account Security and Passwords
- Account Security Questions and Recognising Phishing Attempts
- Dealing with Spam and Preventing your Address from being Shared
- Protecting Personal Information, Social Media Security and Security Maintenance
- Dealing with a Disaster
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.