Online Script Writing Course
This course is an excellent guide to get a handle on the basics of script writing and will give you the necessary tools to create memorable stories and characters for a feature film, television show, or radio broadcast.
Films, television shows, and radio programmes cannot do without a script. This piece of work serves as the framework that holds everything together—defining what the story is about and how it progresses, identifying the characters and the decisions they make and actions they take, and setting the mood for each scene to ensure that it conveys the right message and emotion. Everyone involved in production relies on a script to know and effectively perform their part in the process.
Writing a script may sound like an easy work. The truth, however, is that it is a complex process with different creative considerations. As such, for anyone who enjoys writing and is interested to start creating stories for film, television, or radio, it is a must to at least pin down the basics of the craft to develop the knack for turning ideas into narratives people will be interested in. That is where this course comes in handy.
This Online Script Writing course will provide you practical knowledge and skills that will enable you to develop effective scripts. It will introduce you to the craft of script writing, explaining to you the role of a script writer and the ‘ingredients’ that make a good script. It will also talk about key script elements, such as structure, characters, language, and dialogue. Further into the course, the nuts and bolts of putting everything together will be discussed in detail—from picking a genre and outlining the plot to developing characters and creating and resolving conflict. There will also be lessons covering other imperatives for writing script for television, radio serials, and films.
Some of the topics that will be discussed in detail within the course include:
- Entering the World of Script Writing
- Knowing the Script Writer’s Role in Production
- The Key ‘Ingredients’ That Make a Good Screen Story
- Getting Started with Script Writing Structure
- The Lead Characters and Why They are Important
- Identifying Key Characters
- Introducing the Lead Characters
- Information on Television Script Writing
- Why Watching and Reading a Lot Matter in Script Writing
- Choosing the Genre
- Developing Your Plot
- Creating Your Characters
- Information on Radio Script Writing
- All About Talks and Documentaries
- Understanding How Radio Serials Work
- Getting Down to Educational Programs
- Interviews and What to Do Before They Get Underway
- A Discussion About Radio Plays
- Information on Film Script Writing
- Knowing What a Film Script is All About
- Developing Endings and Beginnings
- Dividing Work Into Acts
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Know what script writing is and why it is important in film, television and radio production.
- Understand the role of the script writer.
- Identify various elements of script writing and know the purposes they serve.
- Make use of the tips and strategies provided in the course lessons to start writing your own script.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.