Make use of the information contained in this course to gain grounding in the concepts and principles of interior design, and have thorough understanding of the qualities and skills you need to develop to become an interior designer.
It is a natural instinct for humans to improve the appearance of their environment. After all, a well thought out and embellished environment delivers a sense of relaxation, comfort and fulfilment. Likewise, designing and decorating a space prove to be an excellent means for many people to express their creativity. No wonder, there is a great deal of interest in the subject of interior design.
Interior design has something to do with how people experience spaces. It involves enhancing interiors not just to improve their aesthetic appearance, but also to appeal to the emotions of their occupants and at the same time improve their functionality. Interior design is a growth industry and has also become a popular career option for many creative individuals. However, establishing a career in this discipline and excelling at it takes more than just having a passion for design. It is equally important to have a solid background of its fundamentals, and this course can provide you just that.
The Online Interior Design course will give you solid grounding in many of the fundamental aspects of interior design. It will provide detailed explanation of the inner workings of the industry and profession, along with the qualities and skills needed to enter in this practice. It will also extensively cover the essential elements and components of the design process, including colour theory, system and application; style and furniture; drawing and rendering; and presentation. Moreover, the course will guide you through the process of planning and designing specific spaces like the kitchen and bathroom.
Some of the topics that will be discussed in detail within the course include:
- Introduction to the Interior Design Industry and Profession
- Assessing a Design Project
- Colour in Design: Theory, History, Pattern System, Application and Psychology
- The Basics of Drawing Skills
- Essential Materials for Drawing
- Style and Furniture in Design
- Understanding What Style is All About
- A Look at Perspective Drawing
- Making Use of Soft Furnishing
- Varied Selection of Fabric
- Techniques for Presentation
- Making Sense of Pencil Rendering
- Identifying Materials and Fittings
- Different Types of Flooring
- Getting Started with Bathroom Design
- The Planning Phase of Bathroom Design
- Bathroom Design Considerations: Style, Colour, and Safety
- Getting Started with Kitchen Design
- The Planning Phase of Kitchen Design
- Minding the Work Triangle
- Knowing More About the Design Profession
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Have deeper insights into the interior design industry and profession
- Understand what it takes to become an interior designer
- Gain knowledge of interior design concepts, elements, and components
- Develop design, drawing, and presentation skills
- Know the design process
- Develop the capacity to enhance the appearance, function, safety and quality of interior spaces using appropriate design
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi!If I don't know anything about "interior design" is a chance to learn online something?level1?
Hi Simona, Yes, this is an introductory course. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Sarah Jane asked:
Could I go freelance after doing this interior design course or do I need further qualifications?
Hi Sarah, You will need further qualifications. We only issue a certificate of completion for our courses. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course for everybody or just for students? Thanks
Hello Adriana, This is for everybody. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How many hours does it take to complete the course and how long the course is available online?
Hi, It might take 40 hours depends on the student's pacing. You will be given a year of access to this course. Thank youThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.