Add to basket or enquire
This online Level, 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturers course, aims to give you the underpinning knowledge and practical skills you need to implement and manage an appropriate food safety management system based on Hazard Analysis with Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles.
- Highfield Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing Course Fact Sheet - download
- An introduction to food safety management and HACCP.
- The importance and benefits of HACCP.
- Food safety legislation, enforcement and penalties.
- The importance of effective prerequisite programmes and how to assess them.
- Preparing and planning for HACCP.
- Benefits of creating a HACCP team and its responsibilities.
- The seven principles of HACCP. How to create a flow diagram.
- The development of a HACCP system suitable for a food manufacturing environment.
- Hazard analysis methodology.
- The importance of identifying critical control points.
- The Codex CCP decision tree.
- Setting and achieving critical limits.
- Different types of monitoring procedures, frequency and information to include in a monitoring plan.
- Corrective action to be taken when monitoring indicates a loss of control.
- Reasons for verification, methods and frequency.
- How to ensure the food safety management system created is effectively implemented.
- Regularly communicating the importance of both the HACCP plan and individual responsibilities to the team.
- How to monitor and review the HACCP plan to ensure it is continuously effective.
This qualification is obtained by taking a 2-day interactive online course via Zoom and is assessed through an online multiple-choice examination using Highfield's Qualify at Home service.
Candidates must answer at least 18 out of 30 questions correctly; a distinction is awarded for 24 marks or over.
The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors responsible for developing a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP in a food manufacturing setting. These may include Food Safety, Quality Assurance, Technical, Hygiene and Training Managers.
This qualification may also be beneficial for those responsible for implementing, contributing or reviewing HACCP systems such as new and existing HACCP team members, CCP supervisors and HACCP auditors.
This course is ideal for employees who have already achieved a Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing or Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing but who require
It is recommended that candidates have achieved the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing as a minimum before attending this course. Candidates must also have an understanding of, and background in, a food manufacturing environment.
It is also recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 1 in Literacy/English or equivalent to undertake this qualification. Candidates should be aged 16 or above.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.