Add to basket or enquire
Health and social care is all about helping people. If you want to work with people and are looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a difference to a life, then this is the career for you.
Health and social care is a broad industry and encompasses a wide range of services across all sectors, including public, private and voluntary.
The sector provides services to hospitals, clinics, care homes, medical and dental practices, emergency services, complementary medicine, and more.
Subsequently, careers in the health and social care sector are some of the most important and sought-after in the world. As an employee, you will work, not only to help people and families on an individual basis, but also make a difference to society.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The course will provide key aspects of the field across fifteen modules, to sufficiently prepare you for work in the health and social care sector, or to boost your confidence and skills within your existing role.
- Understand the importance off effective communication in your work setting and meet the language needs of your clients, whilst adhering to the principles of confidentiality.
- Evaluate self-performance and be competent in your role by following a personal development plan.
- Appreciate the importance practicing and promoting diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Understand how Duty of Care contributes to safe practice, and be able to address complaints, conflicts and dilemmas in a professional manner.
- Understand the principles of safeguarding and protection. Recognise signs of abuse unsafe practices and be able to respond/report correctly, as well as learn ways to reduce the likelihood.
- Understand that working relationships are important and that you must work in agreement with your employer and colleagues.
- Adopt “Person Centred Approaches” practice, where you will establish consent when providing care or support and support the individuals right to make choices.
- Understand the role of risk assessment in enabling a person centred approach.
- Understand own responsibilities, and that of others, relating to health and safety.
- Know the procedures for:
- Responding to accidents
- Sudden illness
- Infection control
- Handle equipment, hazardous substances
- Fire safety
- Managing stress
- Recognise the importance of confidentiality, data protection and Caldicot principles.
- Understand the importance of supporting skills for everyday life Know how to support individuals to retain, regain or develop skills for everyday life.
- Understand the purpose of learning and development activities in meeting individual needs.
- Establish factors that influence individuals’ access to services and facilities and know how to support individuals to select services and facilities.
- Explore the principles of person centred assessment and care planning, how to deliver and monitor a care plan.
- Understand specific communication needs and factors and know how to interact with individuals using their preferred communication.
- Understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings, and learn how medication can be administered, stored and disposed of safely.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- This course is a great stepping-stone for a career in Health and Social Care.
- You will be a part of a rewarding career, making a positive difference to someone’s life everyday.
- You will gain transferable skills.
- You can use the knowledge from this course to help friends and family.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
- Provide support to maintain and develop skills for everyday life
- Facilitate learning and development activities to meet individual needs and preferences
- Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Facilitate person centred assessment, planning, implementation and review
- Support Individuals With Specific Communication Needs
- Support use of medication in social care settings
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.