Want a career as a solicitor or barrister? Fast-track your legal career with our GDL law conversion course, your first step into law if you have already completed a non-law undergraduate degree.
Our structured course is taught by qualified lawyers with lectures* and practical workshops to develop your legal skills. Our reputation for teaching excellence is highlighted by our Gold ranking from the UK Government led Teaching Excellent Framework (TEF) for consistently delivering outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
* For part-time and i-GDL students lectures will be made available as recordings.
Here are some of the reasons why we’re best placed to help you prepare for your future career as a solicitor or barrister:
- Learn to think like a lawyer and develop practical legal skills through small group workshops and problem-based learning
- Explore an area of law that interests you via your own Research Project or our unique Law of Organisations module^
- With our structured study pattern, foundation module assessment and teaching is spread out to make your learning more manageable
- Flexible study - choose to study at one of our locations nationwide with the choice of full-time, part-time, day, evening and weekend courses and online (i-GDL).
- Access award-winning careers support to help you with your training contract and pupillage applications
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for non-law graduates wishing to pursue a career in law.
- A UK undergraduate degree in any discipline (minimum 2:2), or an equivalent qualification.
- Overseas graduates and mature non-graduates:
- Future barristers - please apply for a Certificate of Academic Standing from the Bar Standards Board (BSB)
- Future solicitors - please send your qualifications through to the Admissions team who can deem whether you are eligible for the course
- A sufficient command of English is required to successfully complete the course. Please note that students providing a degree from a UK university as proof of English must have studied the whole degree in the UK.
This course is the first step of training to become a fully-qualified solicitor/barrister.
- Future barristers need to successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Law, the Bar Professional Training Course and undertake a pupillage.
- Future solicitors need to successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Law , the Legal Practice Course and undertake a training contract.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.