The University of Law
Add to basket or enquire
Want a career as a solicitor or barrister? Fast-track your legal career with our Online GDL conversion course, your first step into law if you have already completed a non-law undergraduate degree.
Our structured course is taught by qualified lawyers with lectures* and practical workshops to develop your legal skills.
Our GDL is unique in its study pattern. Unlike other universities who have a linear structure to their GDL courses, where you study all of your modules and complete the exams at the end, our GDL is modular. This means that you complete the exam at the end each semester while the information is still fresh in your mind, similar to how you might have done for your undergraduate degree.
* For part-time and Online GDL students lectures will be made available as recordings.
Here are some of the reasons why we’re best placed to help you prepare for your future career as a solicitor or barrister:
- Learn to think like a lawyer and develop practical legal skills through small group workshops and problem-based learning
- Explore an area of law that interests you via your own Research Project or our unique Law of Organisations module^
- With our structured study pattern, foundation module assessment and teaching is spread out to make your learning more manageable
- Flexible study - choose our Online GDL full-time (12 months) or part-time (21-24 months)
- Access award-winning careers support to help you with your training contract and pupillage applications.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for non-law graduates wishing to pursue a career in law.
- A UK undergraduate degree in any discipline (minimum 2:2), or an equivalent qualification.
- Overseas graduates and mature non-graduates:
- Future barristers - please apply for a Certificate of Academic Standing from the Bar Standards Board (BSB)
- Future solicitors - please send your qualifications through to the Admissions team who can deem whether you are eligible for the course
- A sufficient command of English is required to successfully complete the course. Please note that students providing a degree from a UK university as proof of English must have studied the whole degree in the UK.
This course is the first step of training to become a fully-qualified solicitor/barrister.
- Future barristers need to successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), the Bar Practice Course (BPC) and undertake a pupillage.
- Future solicitors need to successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and undertake a training contract.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.