Add to basket or enquire
Our Online GCSE Travel and Tourism Course is the international version or IGCSE. This course aims to develop your understanding of the travel and tourism industry.
You will gain knowledge of products and services used within travel and tourism and learn what is needed to operate them. You will also learn about the physical, social and economic environments in which travel and tourism takes place and you will gain understanding of different perspectives of travel and tourism.
Our Online Travel and Tourism Course provides students with:
- Understanding of the travel and tourism industry
- Theoretical knowledge of the industry and related sectors, including knowledge of travel and tourism products and services, the infrastructure on which they depend and the transport system needed to operate them
- Practical ability in a range of skills and procedures related to working in the travel and tourism industry, including knowledge of the essential personal and professional skills required by individuals working in the service sector
- Critical awareness of the physical, social and economic environments in which travel and tourism takes place, including understanding of the global, regional and local perspectives of travel and tourism.
- Exam Guide - download
The Travel and Tourism Industry
- Investigate the social, cultural, economic and environmental impact of travel and tourism
- Identify the role of national governments in forming tourism policy and promotion
Features of Worldwide Destinations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the main global features
- Demonstrate awareness of different time zones and climates
- Investigate travel and tourism destinations
- Identify and describe the features which attract tourists to a particular destination
Customer Care and Working Procedures
- Identify the essential personal skills required when working in the travel and tourism industry
- Follow basic procedures when handling customer enquiries, making reservations and payments
- Explore the presentation and promotion of tourist facilities
Travel and Tourism Products and Services
- Identify and describe tourism products
- Describe support facilities for travel and tourism
- Explore the features of worldwide transport in relation to major international routes
Marketing and Promotion
- Product as part of the marketing mix
- Price as part of the marketing mix
- Place as part of the marketing mix
- Promotion as part of the marketing mix
The Marketing and Promotion of Visitor Services
- The provision of tourist products and services
- Basic principles of marketing and promotion
- Leisure travel services
- Business travel services
As you progress through the Online GCSE Travel and Tourism Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
Who is this course for?
Our IGCSE Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
There are no entry requirements for IGCSE study.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is the exam online
The examination is held in an exam centre in your local area.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
HOW CAN I DO THIS COURSE MY MOBILE NUMBER .
Hi Glenn, You can enrol on the course and you will receive your log in details within 15 mins.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Have u got internal number I can call cause 0800 NUM doesn't work
Unfortunately we do have another number availableThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.