Add to basket or enquire
Our Online GCSE Science (Double Award) Course is the international version or IGCSE. The IGCSE provides knowledge and understanding of scientific concepts, principles, themes and patterns. Through studying this course you will learn to form hypotheses and design experiments to test them.
You will also learn about how science affects the world in everyday life. You will gain basic knowledge in biology , chemistry and physics which will prepare you for more advanced study in each of these three subjects.
- Our Online GCSE Science Course enables students to:
- Acquire scientific knowledge and facts, and an understanding of scientific concepts, principles, themes and patterns
- Appreciate the practical nature of science, acquiring experimental skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- Appreciate the importance of accurate experimental work and reporting as scientific methods
- Form hypotheses and design experiments to test them
- Sustain and develop an enjoyment of, and interest in, the scientific world
- Evaluate, in terms of their scientific knowledge and understanding, the benefits and drawbacks of real-life applications of science, including their everyday, industrial and environmental aspects
- Select, organise and present information clearly and logically, using appropriate scientific terms and conventions
- Prepare for more advanced courses in each of the three scientific disciplines
- Exam Guide - download
- The nature and variety of living organisms
- Structures and functions in living organisms
- Reproduction and inheritance
- Ecology and the environment
- Use of biological resources
- Principles of chemistry
- Chemistry of the elements
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Forces and motion
- Energy resources and energy transfer
- Solids, liquids and gases
- Magnetism and electromagnetism
- Radioactivity and particles
As you progress through the Online GCSE Science Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
Who is this course for?
Our IGCSE Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
There are no entry requirements for IGCSE study.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
do you have to start straight away after you have paid for it or is the timing unlimited and we can do it whenever
Your course would start 15 mins after enrolling. You can suspend the account till you are ready to start.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
jordan thomas asked:
is the test included with this content? if so where are the taken? when are the test next tests taking place?
Hi Jordan, Exam fees are an additional fee and are payed directly to the exam centre. These are taken twice a year in an exam centre or your nearest schools and colleges. They are sat in January and May/June of every year.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What's the difference between this course and the IGCSE Combined Science (Double Award)?
With the combined science you will be studying all 3 sciences and receive 2 qualifications instead of the one science and one qualification.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.