Add to basket or enquire
Our Online GCSE Biology Course is the international version or IGCSE. The IGCSE course aims to give students a knowledge and understanding of biological facts, concepts and principles, while developing experimental skills.
Students will also learn to form hypotheses and design experiments to test them. Biology is an essential course of study should you wish to pursue a career in science or medicine or if you are considering higher level study in any of the natural sciences.
Our Online GCSE Biology Course enables students to:
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of biological facts, concepts and principles
- Develop an appreciation of the significance of biological facts, concepts and principles and the skills needed for their use in new and changing situations
- Appreciate the importance of accurate experimental work to scientific method and reporting
- Form hypotheses and design experiments to test them
- Sustain and develop an enjoyment of, and interest in, the study of living organisms
- Evaluate, in terms of their biological knowledge and understanding, the benefits and drawbacks of scientific and technological developments, including those related to social, environmental and economic issues.
- Exam Guide - download
Nature and variety of living organism
- Characteristics of living organisms
- Variety of living organisms
Structures and functions in living organisms
- Levels of organisation
- Cell structure
- Biological molecules
- Gas exchange
- Coordination and response
Reproduction and inheritance
Ecology and the environment
- The organism in the environment
- Feeding relationships
- Cycles within ecosystems
- Human influences on the environment
Use of biological resources
- Food production
- Selective breeding
- Genetic modification (genetic engineering)
As you progress through the Online GCSE Biology Course sections you will encounter lessons, activities, core reading and assessments.
Who is this course for?
Our IGCSE Courses are perfect for homeschooling students, mature students or anyone looking to improve their grades!
There are no entry requirements for IGCSE study.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do you have to take an exam? Or is it coursework based
Hi, After completing the online course you would sit your examination at an Exam Centre.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I am a healthcare assistant wishing to further my knowledge of biology is this the right course
Hi Carol, Yes an our IGCSE is an exact equivalent to the GCSE qualification but contains no coursework component, so is entirely assessed by exam. This is a globally recognised equivalent to the standard GCSE qualification. The great thing about CloudLearn is that you dictate, how long it takes to complete.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course available for northern Ireland students?
Hi Kerrie, CloudLearn IGCSE and A-Levels are all available to be studied online on any device. Whether that is: a smartphone, tablet, laptop or even a games console, if it connects to the internet it can be used to study your course whenever and wherever you are!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.